It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:40 am 

I did SKs test on Santhosham and all other EVP DVDs(Telugu) I have all have 30 frames/sec. I tested DEI Soldier and it was alternating between 23 and 25 frames/sec. I did same test on Toy Story, Speed, T-2 and all came out with perfect 24/sec.

I wonder why the EVP DVDs look much better than EROS crap when they have 30 frames/sec. Just curious to know what EVP is doing special to get better quality to their DVDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 2:44 am 

Yeah DVD2AVi reports the source as interlaced for all of my EVP DVDs. By the way sknath, how do you identify the authors of the DVD? I didnt see anything saying media dimensions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:50 am 

Jag its a bloody damm pattern. Look at the back of the Subhalagnam DVD and it says authored by Media Dimensions... so from that I can infer most of the EVP dvds may have been authored by MD. Now incidently Media Dimensions also authors the Crappy shit dvds of SPARK and EROS also.. which is why you get nearly the same menu designs, as well as the same problems... (interlacing)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:56 pm 

I tested a few new Ayangaran DVDs and all of them have 30 frames/sec. I wonder how much more it costs to author in Progressive mode?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:03 am 

About 70 % of Indian DVD's are now done by Prasad Video & labs in Chennai. This includes EROS, AYNGARAN, YASH RAJ, EVP, SPARK and CINEBELLA DVD's. I have spoken to a person called Jaya who works there and the reason why they don't use Progressive is they have not a clue about it, and thier technicians don't understand me when I explain it to them.

Maybe if some one here can speak really good Tamil or Hindi then they could give them a call and speak to them on my behalf. :)

Media Diamension only replicate DVD's they don't author unless Video-Sound gives them the job, as they are the only Indian company who use them presently for authoring a few of their titles.

Ayngaran & EVP pay the highest fee, which is why their DVD's are better then all other Indian company. Now since all DVD companies are using Prasad, Aygnaran have turned to a new DVD Indian authoring company called VGP, who are doing thier Padiyaapa DVD for them.

Edited By Shahran Sunny Audit on Aug. 04 2002 at 20:06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:05 am 

Quote:
About 70 % of Indian DVD's are now done by Prasad Video & labs in Chennai. This includes EROS, AYNGARAN, YASH RAJ, EVP, SPARK and CINEBELLA DVD's. I have spoken to a person called Jaya who works there and the reason why they don't use Progressive is they have not a clue about it, and thier technicians don't understand me when I explain it to them.

Maybe if some one here can speak really good Tamil or Hindi then they could give them a call and speak to them on my behalf.

Why would Eros, Yash Raj, Spark, and Cinebella get their DVDs authored by Prasad in Chennai? Are there no DVD authoring companies in Mumbai? It's not like Eros and Yash Raj are picky :baaa: It's weird that Prasad of all places does not know about progressive. Shouldn't these guys know the DVD spec in and out? But it does sound like they might do it if they knew how.

Quote:
Ayngaran & EVP pay the highest fee, which is why their DVD's are better then all other Indian company. Now since all DVD companies are using Prasad, Aygnaran have turned to a new DVD Indian authoring company called VGP, who are doing thier Padiyaapa DVD for them.

VGP used to make really good VHS originals back in the day, so I hope they continue the standard with DVD.

By the way, what exactly do you mean by "authoring"? Just the transfer of the film over to DLT? Then Ayngaran or whoever wanted the tape just does the compression themselves, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:01 pm 

[quote="DragunR2"][/quote]
They use Prasad as it is a well known establishment in Indian cinema. They do film negative transfers similar to Ablabs, and Gemini labs. Also thier prices are the cheapest to encode and author Indian DVD's.

They would do progressive but I feel there is confusion of them understanding. My Tamil/Hindi is not as good, and there English isn't that strong so communication is between us is poor.

What I mean by authoring is the design of menu and various other content. I should also say encoding as they encode the film into MPEG 2 (Vob) for the DVD format.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:54 am 

quick everyone, get on ur high horses & head over to Prasad Labs!! The idiots!! They prolly only need to check a single button for the dvd's to be progressive. HAHA

oh well, I dun care as yet. I don't have a fancy TV. heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:56 pm 

KP and Sknath,
Could you please post the screen shots for Sagarasangamam, as the old link with screens shots are not working. Does any one have the copy of Telugh 12B? And how is the PQ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:49 pm 

What is the movie Santosham about, and does anyone know where I can get the DVD online? I'm interested, cos the film was showing at the Warner Village cinema a few weeks ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:44 pm 

Bhaskar,
Indiaweekly $14.99, Indofilms $14.99 and Ragalahari for $12.99. May be Kplina can explain about the movie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:05 pm 

A rumor... ppl say its a remake of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:58 am 

sknath wrote:
A rumor... ppl say its a remake of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai :p

combination of KKHH, DDLJ and so many other movies like it's with so many movies these days.

Bottomline, it has great music, good comedy, charming Shreya, and an interesting direction that keeps you interested in the movie.

The story has more similarities with Kuch Kuch Hota Hai :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:01 pm 

Krishna. Did you notice that its spelt 'SrIya' in the movie. I always thought it was 'SrEya'. Anyway I am looking forward to 'Chenna Kesava Reddy' as it has Tabu once again in telugu and SrIya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:00 pm 

A search for Zakhm bought this topic up - finally saw this film!! Enjoyed it quite a bit! Good music, good performances, typical family film.............it's already been remade in Bengali, just waiting for it to come out in Hindi as well......