It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Kissing in hindi movies!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:16 pm 

I used to watch hindi movies as a child and remembered that I had never seen a kissing scene nevertheless a sex scene.

almost 20 years later and I finished watching Asoka. In a way they have come very far with the whole sex thing. I mean Shahrukh Khan was pretty much feeling up Kareena, touching her all over the place, holding her tight, squeezing her etc... you get the idea. That's alot more then I'm used to seeing in indian movies.

BUT, NO KISSING? come one for God sake. For all my life time I see these climaxes and love scenese and when it comes to kissing the guy get pushed away? how old is that getting? I mean count the number of times a guy gets pushed away in a moive, and how many hindi movies you've seen that in and you'de loose count after the first few films :)

So what gives? I mean I love the idea of building such a great climax in the film when it comes to love, passion etc... but I really think it's just really lame that they/you guys see kissing as such a no no in the movies. I mean is it like this in real life to? you get pushed away time and time again until you get a freaking kiss? no seriously? :bangbang:

Overall I don't understand why the guy, nowadays, can touch a woman in very provocative ways in a movie, but something as simple as kissing is still not done. I'm sure the more sexual acts are a whole different story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:36 pm 

Touching up the woman...is a way of showing lust. Suggestive dancing is also another way and I think the Indian formula is that the audience makes up there mind if they have sex or not. It's too shameful to show sex on the screen. However, that's not to say it's never been shown. There was kissing as well as a sex scene in Parinda (Madhuri & Anil Kapoor) and also Maya (Shah Rukh & some woman).

Kissing...where have you been ashegam? I agree that kissing is rare in Indian films, but there has been films with kissing in. Some films that Raj Kapoor directed had kissing and the odd bit of nudity in (Mera naam joker, ram ter ganga meli, satyam shivam sundaram). He actually kissed Nargis in some old films but the censors cut it. What's really surprising is that there was a full on 'Inter-racial' kiss scene between him and a russian actress in mera naam joker...and that was since 1970! His granddaughter karisma had a kiss scene in Raja Hindustani

Just the other day I saw a scene from an 80's film with Farah (remember her, Tabu's sister) with a proper full lips-on-lips close-up smooch scene. I was quite surprised this was done in the mid-80's!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:56 am 

I guess I just don't understand why it doesn't happen often. I mean when's the last time you saw a movie based on love that had no kissing at all. If nothing, there is atleast one last kiss, at the climax of the movie or at the end of it. I just think many hindi movies would do more justice to their love/passionate movies with a simple kiss, and nothing more. just my 2 cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:16 am 

Come on now...you don't expect to see any kind of realism in bollywood movies these days so why should we expect to see kissing scenes, sex,etc.etc. My opinion is that as long as we have as Mr khiladi put "suggestive dancing" in movies we really don't need actors to smooch. Its what directors know what to do these days really...make nice, clean, cheesy movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:01 am 

it does strike me as odd, a rainsong with the female being felt up lasts about 7 minutes! a quick kiss in an english film is over in maximum 30s -1 minute......strange....... :stupid:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 6:11 pm 

There is also a scene in 'Kya Kehna' with Preity and Saif Ali Khan..at the end of the song 'Dekhiye Aji Jaaneman'