It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:59 pm 

About an year ago or so, Zee tv showed promos and songs from a movie called Snip. They looked good. What happened to the movie? Was it released? Is there a DVD out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:06 pm 

the movie was released and shown in theatres on the West Coast....it flopped pretty badly too....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:43 am 

It was not so bad. Was pretty original.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:20 am 

Snip was an execllent film, but had much strong content in it and due to that it flopped on the big screen. So far no-one holds DVD rights for that film. so Its release on this format looks bleek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:29 am 

Whats this movie all about? I remember seeing trailers all ago but never actually saw the movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:13 pm 

Just checking: This film STILL hasn't been released on DVD anywhere in the world?

:o :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:29 pm 

From what I saw in the promo's is that the film reminded me of Boom. I wasn't impressed, it looked mediocre. But from what I've heard it was actually quite good. It's that sort of film that will not please the parents - it has alot of swearing in it and their is a topless scene of Sophia Haque (one of the dancers in Mangal Pandey). I'm not complaining about that, but that it just looked crappy. Definately not Bollywood. More like 'Everybody says I'm fine' and filmed in English, though I thought ESIF was quite good.
It looks like we may never get to see a DVD release of this. But I got a feeling Channel 4 may show this next time they start a 'filmi fundas' season.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:26 pm 

Thought it was time to revive a 15 year old thread...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did Snip ever get released, or shown anywhere? I could have sworn I had a copy of it, either on VHS or AVI (remember those?), but I haven't been able to find it (unless it is on one of the many unlabelled VHS tapes I have). Was this ever shown on Channel 4?

BTW, whilst digging through the VHS tapes, I did find copies of Split Wide Open and Bombay Boys (in the original English version) recorded from Channel 4 - will try and rip those and convert, as I guess they may be pretty rare now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:24 am 

no recall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:01 pm 

Never heard of this film and it's difficult to find on Youtube as the name is so short and the word SNIP so common.
But, IMDB does list it. It's produced by GP Sippy's Grandson & Ramesh Sippy's nephew Sunhil Sippy. Most likely made by someone from GP Sippy family srttled in US (Dallas ??).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271197/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_9

Cast
Credited cast:
Sohrab Ardeshir Sohrab Ardeshir ... Monty
Nikhil Chinappa Nikhil Chinappa
Makrand Deshpande Makrand Deshpande ... Abdul
Vekeana Dhillon Vekeana Dhillon ... Delnaz Readymoney
Sophiya Haque Sophiya Haque ... Tara
Ava Mukherjee Ava Mukherjee ... Old Lady
Nadira Nadira ... Monty's Bai
Saurabh Shukla Saurabh Shukla ... Munna
Shivkumar Subramaniam Shivkumar Subramaniam ... Don

Quote:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271197/re ... ef_=tt_urv

User Reviews on IMDB:
8/10
Wow
iscream2210 July 2001
This is a completely shocking movie for India. This is about complete exploitation of how far you can go in a movie without it being banned. There is absolutely no plot in this movie. Disturbing. Would be rated NC-17 in America.
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
10/10
Hysterical movie with great dialogue.
fillmeincraigdavid3 May 2003
An absolute off-the-wall black comedy that truly is a treat. It's especially hard to believe that this film comes from India. I saw this flick at a recent Edinborough film festival screening and was surprised how many folks enjoyed the movie. Sophia is gorgeous and perfect as the mismatch protagonist. The music is superlative as is the dialogue.

Great pic!

------------------------------------------

As I noticed the name NADIRA, can you believe that IMDB does not include NADIRA in RAM AUR SHYAM credits and Ram Aur Shyam is missing in Nadira's credits. In my memory, Nadira's most noticable role was that villaineous role in Ram Aur Shyam.