It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Agar Tum Na Hote
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 11:42 pm 

A real disappointment from DEI. Received my copy from IW today and was not satisfied as I have got used to DEI standards :-

In addition to the preview done by Ali
http://www.zulm.net/article.php?sid=394

I would like to add that, the colors of the film are highly saturated giving you a purplish tinge throught. The dark scenes have not been handled well. And the sound, though presented in Mono, is definately not the best MONO sound I have heard. I received the DVD of Aandhi also today and that was what I would say is Real DEI standards...

Maybe as Faddy had stated somewhere, DEI has started taking its new found success into its head. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:04 am 

I doubt if it is thier authoring work, its most likely the fault of the source transfered for them in India. But I do know that the DEI version is miles better then the EROS version.

Gemini Labs in India are known in the industry to be one of the poorest in the country as the machines they have are old and not up present standards of technology. Giraftaar and Abhay 35mm interpostive negatives transfers was done there which was prehaps why not much black details, and washed out colours was seen on the discs.

I wonder if DEi couldn't ask the orignal prints to be shifted to top-class labs like Prasad and ask them to copy from the original negatives? Hmm will ask them that when I next speak to them.