It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:55 am 

Saw this film on youtube. It had 'Time Movies' logo and was posted recently. Although I have had this DVD (Samraat, EROS) for long time, perhaps never saw it seriously enough and in full. My first reaction was that although main storyline is same as I remembered, but some sequences seemed new to me. As I compared with my own DVDs, I found the content was exactly the same. So, must never had seen this film seriously in full. Other comments about this title:

1972 Film CC: 4478 meters = 163 min
Time Movies (Youtube) version is 152 min (158 min counting 4% speed up). Field Averaged ??.
EROS DVD is 151 min (157 min counting 4% speed up), field averaged.
Samraat DVD is 152 min (158 min counting 4% speed up). Field Averaged.

All three are bad prints. Among the three, EROS print is the best. EROS & Samraat are PAL to NTSC field averaged. Time Movies youtube code info detects it as 25 fps (meaning film to PAL), but is no better than EROS DVD. Surprises me.

Hopefully, a better direct film to PAL or a direct film to HD will make it to youtube someday.
-----------------------------
Another tid bit that I noticed today: Normally, in that era (and even these days) you will expect film title (Dil Daulat Duniya) in a title song that I never recalled. From storyline, I did not find this title compelling enough. But, there actually is a line or two in a song that says 'Dil Daulat Duniya. Most likely, no one knows which song that is. It's difficult to notice even if you watch all the songs from this film.