It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:20 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2001 5:53 pm
Posts: 14983
Zinda (Eros)
Price : $ 19.99
Normally ships in 3 Days
Ships Worldwide

Language : Hindi
Category : English Subtitle , Movies With Action and Thrill , Movies

Details:
Sanjay Dutt, John Abraham, Mahesh Manjrekar, Lara Dutta, Celina Jaitley
Order starts shipping starting last week of January 2006.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:13 pm
Posts: 82
just out of curiousity, is the Zinda dvd free of any sound cuts? since Zinda was released without any censor problems and any sound cuts for the language, there shouldn't be any. if someone could check that, i'd really appreciate it. thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2001 11:29 am
Posts: 1028
Location: Singapore
BoLLyWoOd_BhAi wrote:
just out of curiousity, is the Zinda dvd free of any sound cuts? since Zinda was released without any censor problems and any sound cuts for the language, there shouldn't be any. if someone could check that, i'd really appreciate it. thanks.


{spoiler ahead}





yes there isn't any cut all over the world but here in Singapore we had a little sniping of the F word...So it went like this 'Faaa' and not 'F***'. Thanks to the crap movie Jo Bole So Nihaal all Hindi films have to go for ratings. :cry: Funny but Neal N Nangi got through with no cuts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2001 12:45 pm
Posts: 500
Location: Singapore
congress wrote:
BoLLyWoOd_BhAi wrote:
just out of curiousity, is the Zinda dvd free of any sound cuts? since Zinda was released without any censor problems and any sound cuts for the language, there shouldn't be any. if someone could check that, i'd really appreciate it. thanks.


{spoiler ahead}





yes there isn't any cut all over the world but here in Singapore we had a little sniping of the F word...So it went like this 'Faaa' and not 'F***'. Thanks to the crap movie Jo Bole So Nihaal all Hindi films have to go for ratings. :cry: Funny but Neal N Nangi got through with no cuts


That's cause if you cut it further there'll be nothing left of Nangi's already microscopic skirt.

Ok...sorry...bad joke :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:11 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:06 pm
Posts: 4944
Location: UK
Some DVD-r shots, ripped from the Eros DVD;

Image

Image

Image

Image

.. are these screen caps cropped or was the movie in 1.85:1 ratio in cinema?

Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2001 3:16 am
Posts: 4259
ali wrote:
.. are these screen caps cropped or was the movie in 1.85:1 ratio in cinema?


They look slightly stretched vertically. IMO the second one below looks closer to the original proportions, though still not quite 2.40:1. Maybe a combo of stretching and cropping?

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2001 11:29 am
Posts: 1028
Location: Singapore
ali wrote:

. are these screen caps cropped or was the movie in 1.85:1 ratio in cinema?

Ali


No. In cinema it was in 2.35 : 1. Shot in Super-16 blown up 35mm. Very nice :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:13 pm
Posts: 82
can anyone confirm my question of whether Eros censored the language? and also, what are the special features? knowing Eros, it's probably just trailers of upcoming flicks. thanks again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 7:27 pm
Posts: 6024
EXTRAS:

Music Video 1: Zinda Hoon Main
Music Video 2: Yeh Hai Meri Kahani
Lara Dutta on Zinda

(About 12-14 min)

Of course lots of EROS DVD Adverts.
And Unskippable Reverse Count Lessons from SRK to us dummies, and telling us how great EROS is.

------------------------

As far as censoring the language, have no idea if censored or not, but it was a big relief when kids enquired what did he say FAAAAA and deduced that he did say just FAAAAA.
I would say OK to this film, but no to vulgar Jawani Diwani.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2001 11:29 am
Posts: 1028
Location: Singapore
rana wrote:

As far as censoring the language, have no idea if censored or not, but it was a big relief when kids enquired what did he say FAAAAA and deduced that he did say just FAAAAA.
I would say OK to this film, but no to vulgar Jawani Diwani.



Rana, this movie's not really for kids. :D What's the rating like in Canada for Hindi films? In Singapore, this one was NC-16.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:11 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: vancouver, canada
there are no ratings for hindi movies in canada


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 7:27 pm
Posts: 6024
congress wrote:
rana wrote:

As far as censoring the language, have no idea if censored or not, but it was a big relief when kids enquired what did he say FAAAAA and deduced that he did say just FAAAAA.
I would say OK to this film, but no to vulgar Jawani Diwani.



Rana, this movie's not really for kids. :D What's the rating like in Canada for Hindi films? In Singapore, this one was NC-16.


Sure, but whoever censored/ edited the version I saw, it became tolerable/ border level (except for one BR scene where it can be skipped easily). For an adult only audience, FAAAA*** is passable where as they let out FAAAAAA.

And of course, what's an adult film or what's OK for children depends on individual views that changes with time and society. I remember Aayee Milan Ki Bela, Sangam, Mere Mehboob, (romantic/ love stories) and even Naya Daur off limit to me in my childhood. Ramrajya, Sampoorna Ramayan, Mahasati Savitri etc OK.
Nudity and extremely offensive language was acceptable for the Hollywood original (Old Boy) but for Indian film, all this was omitted even for an Adult film. Remember Mira Nair's Kamasutra. It was termed as teenager flick in the reviews here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 3:26 pm
Posts: 2228
Location: Birmingham
rana wrote:
congress wrote:
rana wrote:

As far as censoring the language, have no idea if censored or not, but it was a big relief when kids enquired what did he say FAAAAA and deduced that he did say just FAAAAA.
I would say OK to this film, but no to vulgar Jawani Diwani.



Rana, this movie's not really for kids. :D What's the rating like in Canada for Hindi films? In Singapore, this one was NC-16.


Sure, but whoever censored/ edited the version I saw, it became tolerable/ border level (except for one BR scene where it can be skipped easily). For an adult only audience, FAAAA*** is passable where as they let out FAAAAAA.

And of course, what's an adult film or what's OK for children depends on individual views that changes with time and society. I remember Aayee Milan Ki Bela, Sangam, Mere Mehboob, (romantic/ love stories) and even Naya Daur off limit to me in my childhood. Ramrajya, Sampoorna Ramayan, Mahasati Savitri etc OK.
Nudity and extremely offensive language was acceptable for the Hollywood original (Old Boy) but for Indian film, all this was omitted even for an Adult film. Remember Mira Nair's Kamasutra. It was termed as teenager flick in the reviews here.


Yeh BR kya hota hai? :?

I agree with you though Rana, ratings vary a lot from place to place - over here, Zinda was rated '15'- and kids frequently watch '15' rated films here. I think the last '18' rated Hindi films released was Ek Ajnabee and James - maybe wrong about that though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:28 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:06 pm
Posts: 4944
Location: UK
Some xvid shots;

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 10:19 pm
Posts: 29
What a crap movie. I didnt care much for oldboy which was well made...but the entire movie with its off again on again black/white schemes just made the whole movie experience so boring. I mean Its ok when you copy a movie and make a dhoom but its another when you copy frame to frame.

I am hoping Sanjay Gupta drops dead. He should be hung from his gonads and then shot at from every angle.

Its just despicable how Indian directors copy frame-frame copies of any movies and claim "Screenplay by"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group