It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:41 pm 

I am going to look out for it. Hoping it is a better print.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:10 pm 

I've got the Shemaroo Yahudi it's a straight video transfer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:04 pm 

Sageer wrote:
I've got the Shemaroo Yahudi it's a straight video transfer

Staright Video Transfer. You mean from VHS video tape ??

My Yahudi DVD is by KMI, that many a times has good prints but in case of Yahudi, it's like from VHS. The print I saw on Zee HD (perhaps songs or may be it was movie broadcast) was much better than KMI DVD that I acquired a few years back. Then I noticed Yahudi listed among new DVDs from Shemaroo and thought that perhaps it's a new transfer and that may have been the one that ZeeHD broadcast ??

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:50 am 

Shemaroo has posted the full movie on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uttI-ICfOg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 pm 

Another excellent print I saw on Zee HD. - - - PARDESI (Biswajeet,Mumtaz)

It was an excellent print. Almost as good as BR. Proper 4:3 AR

Looks like its DVD never came out ?? Wonder, if a DVD of this print, is in the pipeline ??
Excellent film, excellent songs and excellent filming of a popular Kushwaha Kant's novel.

(I had read the book Pardesi a few years before the film came out. The book story was terrorizing. When I saw the film, my impression was that they could nor portray the terror aspect properly. The picturization is mostly glamour/ beauty and romance with enough terror/ climax.
After 50 Yrs, when book story is all but forgotten, my impression after TV viewing is that picturization is as good as it could be. After all, some impact sure gets lost putting a written story on to screen)

Does anyone remember this film ?? I'm curious about finding a lyrics line that I don't remember fully but just a few words. It should have been in the title song but that stanza is not in this TV broadcast or on youtube or in lyrics website.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:42 pm 

I haven’t seen the film but have the record of the film’s soundtrack.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:43 pm 

Do you know what song you were looking for (see track list in the photograph).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:24 am 

Caught Teesri Manzil on Zee Classic, but from the climax. The print seems somewhat restored. I remember how awful the DVD was, so I was immediately surprised by improvement in this version. Sad that I did not get to record the whole movie, will keep an eye out for the next telecast.
Zee Classic is a standard definition channel.

Post subject: Pardesi (Biswajeet)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:46 pm 

Muz wrote:

Do you know what song you were looking for (see track list in the photograph).

So, you do remember this film. :D
It's my favourite.

I admire your LP Collection. Did not expect any one to remember this film and really surprised that you have this LP.

The lyrics line/ stanza that I'm curious about may or may not be from this film. But, I think it's from this film as the I'm certain about Mohd Rafi voice and it's tune/ music similar to the title song of this film 'Pardesi Piya O Pardesi Piya'. The lyrics line goes something like this:

Apne Kadomon Ka Bosa tau De De, Kab Se Pade Hain Teri Raahon Mein

Of this I'm certain about these words only, other words could be different from what I wrote above:

Ka Bosa tau De De - - - - Hain Teri

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember the word BOSA (when I read the novel, a few years before the film release) as I looked up in the dictionary to figure out what is he asking for.
BOSA means Kiss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:04 pm 

I haven’t ever seen the film. I just know the songs. I found the LP a few years ago, but never looked for the movie. I probably knew some of the songs from old reel to reel recordings of 60s Indian music that played 24/7 in the house growing up. Those would have been recorded from EPs so I really only knew the short versions of Pardesi Piya and Lagi Na Chutegi. I’ll play the LP and report back on whether the line you are looking for is in Pardesi Piya.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:21 pm 

Another excellent print I'm watching right now, on Zee TV, is TOHFA (Sridevi).
Don't think its proper DVD has been released yet. I have KMI version but that's a bad VHS print in comparison.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:47 am 

Do any DVDs of older movies get released any more? I assumed that all restored prints etc are now just online (except the classic BDs that Shemaroo are releasing).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:41 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
Do any DVDs of older movies get released any more? I assumed that all restored prints etc are now just online (except the classic BDs that Shemaroo are releasing).

I too wonder ??
Not only DVDs, even crappy VCDs are in the market.
It's just a chance, what you pick up is good, bad, old print, new-encoding etc etc.

For sure many Youtube movies are better than existing DVDs or presently available DVDs. Bot, many DVDs are better than Youtube versions or even TV broadcast versions.

I think, when a film is picked up for TV broadcast by a reputable TV station, they must be getting the rights for the broadcast and in the process, may be making new film to video transfer ?? Perhaps same applies to Youtube reputable channel broadcasts too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:46 pm 

Other excellent prints I noticed on Zee TV are:

Mere Jeevan Saathi (Rajesh Khanna)
Mausam (Sanjeev Kumar)

I had Mere Jeevan Saathi by INDUS and Mausam by Eagle. Both DVDs crap in comparison to Zee broadcast.

----------------------------------------------
Any insight, how to transfer PVR recordings to DVD and how to how to play them on stand-alone DVD players ??
(There is only a limited recording space on PVR)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:28 pm 

rana wrote:
bhaskar wrote:

I too wonder ??
Not only DVDs, even crappy VCDs are in the market.
It's just a chance, what you pick up is good, bad, old print, new-encoding etc etc.

For sure many Youtube movies are better than existing DVDs or presently available DVDs. Bot, many DVDs are better than Youtube versions or even TV broadcast versions.

I think, when a film is picked up for TV broadcast by a reputable TV station, they must be getting the rights for the broadcast and in the process, may be making new film to video transfer ?? Perhaps same applies to Youtube reputable channel broadcasts too.

In response to my own question, some DVDs of older films are released - Shemaroo have released the Abhimaan DVD and the Avtaar DVD - not sure if these are the same prints as those on YouTube though.