It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:00 pm 

The Yash Raj version of the film was an early release. From what I collect; it seems to be a reasonably good transfer. But, all I have seen is tiny snippets. I cannot seem to find screenshots that are large enough for me to form an accurate judgement. Can someone please post up a few screenshots? Shemaroo transfer seems similar to be those of regular transfers Shemaroo has ever given to their movies.

A known fact is that the Shemaroo version is cut. Thus, I am eager to know what are the scenes that are missing on the Shemaroo version are present in the YRF edition. Yash Raj does seem to be the most complete (or probably entirely complete) version of the film. My question here is how do the two versions compare to each other in terms of audio and video quality? Is it actually worth hunting for the YRF edition for the missing bits?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:05 am 

Here they are.

rana wrote:
BANDINI:

Bandini: 1973 CC shows 4101 meters (149.5 min),
YRF 145.5 min, Shemaroo 136 min.

Still wonder about 4101 meters on 1973 CC (Orig film release was 1963) as that should have resulted in 143.5 min @ 4% speed up while it's 2 min more in YRF DVD. (YRF DVD and Shemaroo DVD both are 4% speed up).

It's 4191 meter, not 4101. Hence, that would mean 152 minutes.
Yash Raj HE = 146 minutes, or 151.9 minutes without PAL speedup. Hence Yash Raj is entirely complete. Bravo!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:20 pm 

Good Job Rags.
Nice to have solved the mystery.

BTW, here is an interesting link explaining Indian Censor Certificate symbols etc.
https://factly.in/understanding-the-ind ... oard-cbfc/

Could you please open a new thread which starts with this video (I'm not familiar how to bring this video into zulm thread). Not sure how long this link will stay active, so bringing the video directly into zulm should last longer.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:04 am 

Ahhh, the frustration never seems to end. I don't think there has been a single classic that has gotten an entirely satisfactory home media treatment, forget about good quality treatment.
We have the entire HD, UHD, 4K era approaching, and it's shameful the DVDs are still being dished out in the forms of utter misery.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13538
I hope this is how you wanted the thread. There is no other way to attach video files or links to our posts. You will have to link them through YouTube.