Studio: SKY ENTERTAINMENT
Run time: 2:27:26
Genres: Indian Cinema
Languages: Hindi
Subtitles: English
DVD: NTSC, DVD-9 (5.91GB), 4:3 AR

Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm 

I wonder how does Sky DVD compares with the EVP version, released 6-7 yrs back ?? I'm not sure whether I found or acquired that EVP version, but it sure was available then. I remember it was not Prog but even the interlaced EVP Hindi discs had perfect 5-6 repeat (50 to 60 conversion).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:49 pm 

rana wrote:
I wonder how does Sky DVD compares with the EVP version, released 6-7 yrs back ?? I'm not sure whether I found or acquired that EVP version, but it sure was available then. I remember it was not Prog but even the interlaced EVP Hindi discs had perfect 5-6 repeat (50 to 60 conversion).

I have the EVP version. From what I can tell, Sky dvd has better colors and better sharpness.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:23 am 

Bollywood movie, Anurodh, directed by Shakti Samanta and written by Din Dyaal Sharma was released in the year 1977. The movie starred Super Star Rajesh Khanna and Simple Kapadia in lead roles while Vinod Mehra, Asrani, Ashok Kumar, Rita Bhaduri, Nirupa Roy, Utpal Dutt, Abhi Bhattacharya, Asit Sen, Dina Pathak, Birbal and Mrinal Mukherjee also played important roles in the film. The music of the movie was given by none other than veteran music director duo Laxmikant-Pyarelal while thesongs were sung by Kishore Kumar, Manna dey, Lata Mangeshkar etc.

Arun Chaudhary ( Super Star Rajesh Khanna ) wants to make a career in singing and is determined for it. However, his father wants him to be a businessman like him and hates his crazyness for music. Arun decides to change his name so that his father will not be able to find out about his continued indulgence in music. Soon he becomes a famous and well known singer with the name of Sanjay Kumar. His voice is appreciated by everyone and is actually hired by a radio station to sing songs on it.

On the one hand, Arun is getting success and becoming popular and on the other hand he is fearing of his father knowing truth. He knows that his increasing popularity will make it difficult for him to keep this a secret from his father but he can’t help it. What will happen when his father will reveal the secret about his son. The songs of Kishore Kumar in the movie are excellent, u will feel that super star Rajesh Khanna is singing.

The hit songs of the movie are;

1. Aate jaate khoobsurat aawara lamhon pe kabhi kabhi itefaaq se
2. Mere dil ne tadap ke
3. Aap ke anurodh pe
4. Tum besahara ho to
5. Na hansa mere gum pe

[b]This is a great musical movie from the Shakti Samanta - Super Star Rajesh Khanna camp which has excellent music by Laxmikant Pyarelal for a change. The characters are very strong- Ashok Kumar, Vinod Mehra, Nirupa Roy put in a good performance. The movie is a remake of a Bengali movie but retains its originality. Super Star Rajesh Khanna as usual puts up a great performance and is good in comedy, romance and drama. He shows the class of being a Super Star in the movie. This runaway hit has also good story, excellent editing and good direction. It is a must see and the songs of Kishore Kumar in the movie are excellent, it seems that Super Star Rajesh Khanna is singing them. How they suit each other. [/b]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:09 am 

I recently watched the Eros version.Scared of SKY as their dvds are only good to play Frisby

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:07 pm 

manoharv2001 wrote:
Bollywood movie, Anurodh, directed by Shakti Samanta and written by Din Dyaal Sharma was released in the year 1977. The movie starred Super Star Rajesh Khanna and Simple Kapadia in lead roles while Vinod Mehra, Asrani, Ashok Kumar, Rita Bhaduri, Nirupa Roy, Utpal Dutt, Abhi Bhattacharya, Asit Sen, Dina Pathak, Birbal and Mrinal Mukherjee also played important roles in the film. The music of the movie was given by none other than veteran music director duo Laxmikant-Pyarelal while thesongs were sung by Kishore Kumar, Manna dey, Lata Mangeshkar etc.

Arun Chaudhary ( Super Star Rajesh Khanna ) wants to make a career in singing and is determined for it. However, his father wants him to be a businessman like him and hates his crazyness for music. Arun decides to change his name so that his father will not be able to find out about his continued indulgence in music. Soon he becomes a famous and well known singer with the name of Sanjay Kumar. His voice is appreciated by everyone and is actually hired by a radio station to sing songs on it.

On the one hand, Arun is getting success and becoming popular and on the other hand he is fearing of his father knowing truth. He knows that his increasing popularity will make it difficult for him to keep this a secret from his father but he can’t help it. What will happen when his father will reveal the secret about his son. The songs of Kishore Kumar in the movie are excellent, u will feel that super star Rajesh Khanna is singing.

The hit songs of the movie are;

1. Aate jaate khoobsurat aawara lamhon pe kabhi kabhi itefaaq se
2. Mere dil ne tadap ke
3. Aap ke anurodh pe
4. Tum besahara ho to
5. Na hansa mere gum pe

This is a great musical movie from the Shakti Samanta - Super Star Rajesh Khanna camp which has excellent music by Laxmikant Pyarelal for a change. The characters are very strong- Ashok Kumar, Vinod Mehra, Nirupa Roy put in a good performance. The movie is a remake of a Bengali movie but retains its originality. Super Star Rajesh Khanna as usual puts up a great performance and is good in comedy, romance and drama. He shows the class of being a Super Star in the movie. This runaway hit has also good story, excellent editing and good direction. It is a must see and the songs of Kishore Kumar in the movie are excellent, it seems that Super Star Rajesh Khanna is singing them. How they suit each other.

Please don't use and repeat the words Super Star as if they are first names of Khanna. It's highly annoying.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:57 pm 

DVD shots from Shemaroo DVD: