It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:27 pm 

I've got the 2 Disc Set and on disc 2 (Bonus Features), there's supposed to be a deleted song called "humhe Kaash Tumse". I've checked the disc twice but can't find out. Does anyone know if this is a general problems affecting all versions of this DVD?\

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:50 pm 

Tee wrote:
I've got the 2 Disc Set and on disc 2 (Bonus Features), there's supposed to be a deleted song called "humhe Kaash Tumse". I've checked the disc twice but can't find out. Does anyone know if this is a general problems affecting all versions of this DVD?\
True -- the Shemaroo dvd is not really very good -- an entire lot had problems of "freezing" -- the bonus features are missing -- and wrongly says anamorphic on cover.
The b&w version by shemaroo is much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:46 pm 

Check this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=7751&start=135

Shemaroo 2 Disc set does have "humhe Kaash Tumse" song in the extras disc.

BTW, I read in some post about colored Shemaroo M E A that it's PAL to NTSC converted. It's not PAL to NTSC conversion. It's Pseudo-Progressive but has chroma lag problem as is the case in all Shemaroo, EROS Pseudo-Prog discs.

Also note my previous comments from above thread:
Quote:
Shemaroo MEA color DVD has cool packaging and my disc is Super Cool.
FREEZES :evil:

Got it replaced from a brand new immaculate, sealed box.

I have problems with this one too, but I did succeed playing it thru once, sufficient to make an exact code back up. (No problems playing my back-up copy).

This brand new disc has loading problems in my 2 of 4 DVD/ PC-DVD players. Once loaded, it plays OK till last 10 min of the movie. At least it plays OK for 174 of the 184 min.

Quote:
M E A DVD (colored version): Shemaroo is Pseudo-Progressive and EROS is Field Averaged.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:27 pm 

I got the 2 disk also and the first disk with the movie does not paly at all :( . The second disk does play and does have the deleted song.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:10 am 

How do access the song? It's NOT in the menu list.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:12 pm 

Tee wrote:
How do access the song? It's NOT in the menu list.

On my 2nd disk it is an option to see the song. Looks like they really messed up on this dvd set.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:00 am 

They also removed the song 'Aye Ishq Yeh Sab Duniyawale' which is not even available in color at all. Only the audio of the song, remastered is available. God knows what's the point of releasing a restored, colorized version in this way??

Not only that, even a small scene where Anarkali talks to her mom is deleted from the colored version and is there in the black and white one of Shemaroo.

Even fadeouts and dissolves are removed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:16 am 

Raghuvir wrote:
They also removed the song 'Aye Ishq Yeh Sab Duniyawale' which is not even available in color at all. Only the audio of the song, remastered is available. God knows what's the point of releasing a restored, colorized version in this way??

Not only that, even a small scene where Anarkali talks to her mom is deleted from the colored version and is there in the black and white one of Shemaroo.

these were some decisions taken in view of today's audience being less patient with long movies and also where some scenes did not really allow being cropped (optimally) for widescreen ratio.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:07 am 

newDEEP wrote:
Raghuvir wrote:

these were some decisions taken in view of today's audience being less patient with long movies and also where some scenes did not really allow being cropped (optimally) for widescreen ratio.

Why restore/release a classic if "today's audience" is not acceptable of it? Why not just make a new movie as per today's audience's preferences? I would think the very premise of wanting to re-release a classic is that there is an audience that wishes to see the "classic". Which would mean in it's original form and not mutilated by either cutting or cropping. As for the cropping, what was the need to crop the movie for a wider aspect ratio? All the great art direction & cinematography of the movie was totally destroyed in the process of making the aspect ratio wider.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:09 am 

They could've kept the deleted stuff for DVDs at least.
If they had so many nakhras and limitations. , why did they take the project?

These decisions were not pleasing for a classics buff...
Personally I, wouldn't want a classic to be renewed this way...

As I watched the special features' disc, they say that they cleaned the original negative with a special liquid.
So is it possible that another DVD of the black and white version brought up by a new company will have the cleaned version?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:15 am 

I completely agree with you, Sanjay sir.

The films should have been reframed according to the director and not according to the audience.

Last edited by Ragz on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:18 am 

Sanjay wrote:
newDEEP wrote:
Raghuvir wrote:

Why restore/release a classic if "today's audience" is not acceptable of it? Why not just make a new movie as per today's audience's preferences? I would think the very premise of wanting to re-release a classic is that there is an audience that wishes to see the "classic". Which would mean in it's original form and not mutilated by either cutting or cropping. As for the cropping, what was the need to crop the movie for a wider aspect ratio? All the great art direction & cinematography of the movie was totally destroyed in the process of making the aspect ratio wider.

that too is a valid point of view.

however, me and you still have the original MEA to watch, and the producers tried to reach out to a younger and newer audience through what they thought was the right way with a shorter cropped colourized stereophonic MEA.

BTW, Dev Anand did seem to have found a balance -- when he did "hum dono (rangeen" he put his weight behind cropping saying his was a romantic movie and there was no harm in seeing it cropped this way.

In fact, so many movies shot in 4x3 were forced into cropped widescreen for theatres when the widescreen trend started. Take Zanjeer for example. Only the Reliance Big DVD has it it 4x3. All others are 1.85:1 and it was shown in 1.85:1 in many theatres in India.

The colourized movies should be seen as different products, and maybe as different movies altogether. Our cen certs do make the distinction in the title -- for ex. -- "Hum Dono (Colourized)"-- btw, any idea if this is out on BD/DVD?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:24 am 

I think Dev saheb was a bit too excited about hum dono rangeen...

He didn't care about the original attributes, wanted only a modern look...

Restoring and colorizing is renewing and reviving a classic, not screwing the original intentions...

Anyways, there's nothing we can do, forget it, stick to the black and white original version... Cheers!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:27 am 

Modifying the OAR in my view is a crime. They could've pillar boxed it in theaters.

I watched chasme baddor old restored version in the theater where they pillar boxed it. No cropping, no other phony stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:30 am 

About the DVD question you asked, newDEEP,
Go to http://www.zulm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12922