It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:35 pm 

Chopra decided to restore his films like Sazaye Maut, Khamosh, Parinda, 1942: A Love Story, Kareeb, Mission Kashmir and Parineeta. "Because Vinod felt that the films were looking visually old and the audio too didn't sound half as great as his recent movies.

The restoration would enhance the longevity of the films. Adding to that, the sound of the films would be done on Dolby 5.1 that has multiple tracks recording for sound. Earlier, films had only monolith (one-track) sound.

"The new 5.1 sound takes the film to a completely different level, " he enthused, eager to share his experience with the restored version. "Take the scene where Jackie Shroff shoots at a chain. Previously everything was in the mono track. But now when the chain moves towards left and right, the sounds from the speakers is something else altogether, " he summed up.

I am waiting for DVD release of these movies.... anybody have some idea of DVD release of above titles.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:12 pm 

I hope he knows what he is doing.

Parinda, 1942: A Love Story, Kareeb, Mission Kashmir and Parineeta already had excellent DVDs. Progressive and orig multi-track audio if was on film.
But, what good will it do if the restored DVDs come out similar to Munna Bhaii series DVDs, multi track audio, anamorphic and gloriously interlaced.

Credit for earlier good DVD goes to DEI, Sony and Excel that mastered or brought out Progressive DVDs.

Do you really think his present DVD collaborating company, EROS, is capable of bringing out good Progressive DVDs ??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:48 pm 

This pic was posted in someone's(whom I follow) twitter account about a month ago. Could this be the newely restored VVC DVD collection? Could be! I don't see any Eros logo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:32 am 

DVD Collector wrote:

This pic was posted in someone's(whom I follow) twitter account about a month ago. Could this be the newely restored VVC DVD collection? Could be! I don't see any Eros logo.

Where did he get this from?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:08 am 

I've twitted this particular person a few days ago, but haven't yet received a reply.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:32 am 

I think I would go ahead to buy that collection, even though I have some of them from the previous edition. But if the picture quality has been
improved big time, meaning anamorphic, sharpness, contrast etc. I'm not too fussed about the sound, if not 5.1 even the original mono track will do but as long as if its clear and loud

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:42 am 

Hopefully they are OAR and Prog, properly authored?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:03 pm 

sengh_15 wrote:
But if the picture quality has been
improved big time, meaning anamorphic, sharpness, contrast etc.

Would you prefer "Film to PAL to NTSC" Field Averaged Anamorphic DVD ??

Not me. I will rather prefer Film to NTSC even if it's "not anamorphic" and even if it's just Pseudo-Progressive instead of Progressive.

Of course best will be Progressive and Anamorphic. I think, some of VVC's DVDs already are Progressive & Anamorphic.

------------------------

Ananorphic is 133% resolution of letterboxed.

Progressive is double (200%) the resolution of interlaced.

(And you lose PQ big time in PAL to NTSC conversion)

--------------------------

Somehow, the buzzword in the trade is "Anamorphic" and not many know about "Progressive". Word anamorphic was stressed a lot, in the DVD intro days, as no one expected any sane person or company to be converting a Film to PAL and then convert PAL to NTSC.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:05 am 

I totally agree with you rana;) without progressive anamorphic is man without arms lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:44 am 

DVDs? This is the age of HD and Blu Ray. Properly remastered in 2K and decent Blu Rays, please.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

Didn't realize this until I was looking up Wazir stuff that VVC released a film this year which happens to be remake of Parinda!

Broken Horses - set at the US Mexico border. Doesn't seem to have been well received :o

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2503954/

Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:38 am 

All above title re-released (DVD) on 20th Feb 2016 by Reliance Entertainment, available on Amazon.in. Price 199/- Exciting to see Parinda AQ & PQ. Someone please post some screenshots if available.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:43 am 

How is the transfer on these DVDs. I hope they are from restored prints, indeed. At this point you could expect them to dish out a progressive transfer. Lets see how the disc holds up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:15 am 

One more added recently....

would love to hear music of RD Burman in dolby digital 5.1....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:17 pm 

Two more added recently....