It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:19 am 

I saw posted on line, ok print:(

But partial color? Any one any memories?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:16 am 

Yes, it was partly in color, as was common in those B/W to Color transition days.

It was an extremely tragic ending, in the initial release (late 60s or early 70s). Version I saw, in the VHS days, had a different ending.

One of the famous song: Aaja Piya, Tohe Pyar Doon; Gori Baiyyan Toh Pe - - -Doon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:47 am 

I think just one song 'Kya Janoon Sajan' was in colour. I didn't like the film at all - but the songs were all time classics!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:47 pm 

Yes, it was a very depressing film but showed the frustrating reality that getting a University Degree goes waste when you can't land a job, that was a widespread problem then and even now it's no different.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:42 pm 

rana wrote:
Yes, it was a very depressing film but showed the frustrating reality that getting a University Degree goes waste when you can't land a job, that was a widespread problem then and even now it's no different.

Actually, there is a world of difference between then and now. Today anyone with or without a degree can get a job. Back then, this was not the case. In fact, today a degree means nothing in terms of an indication of a person's actual capabilities. Whereas back then a degree was not as dime a dozen as it is now and one had to actually work to get the degree unlike now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:22 am 

I think I found the characters frustrating more than anything! I can't remember the exact reason why but it was more than it being a depressing movie. I have seen more than enough depressing movies in my time to make me immune to that aspect. But still another plug for the songs from this movie. Truly fantastic soundtrack!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:57 am 

Dudes! I only remember;) aaja piya tujhe payar doun:)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:10 am 

[color=#0000BF]Baharon Ke Sapne of 1967 is a classic and ever green movie of Super Star Rajesh Khanna one should watch[/color]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:16 pm 

https://www.zee5.com/movies/details/bah ... a/0-0-8659

Streaming the online version of Baharon Ke Sapne right now for the songs. This happens to be a restored copy of the film. Looks like a credible re-master job, and the real blessing is that the film is presented in it's OAR of 4:3.

Coming to the bad news now... The color segments of the film on this version, unfortunately, are in grayscale! :cry:

PETTY RANT ALERT
This ought to be the fault of the film source provided to the technicians which does not change the fact that this is misery to uphold! Someone really needs to give these studios a wake-up call, and instill in them the importance of preserving the original flavor of these films whether it is with regards to color, the aspect ratio, the sound mix or the film content. Now, whether the finances and the market will allow for this is debatable! It is tragic that the target audience is full of people ignorant about the art of films who take the director's intentions for granted, which has resulted in the pitiable condition of classic films in the digital world. The bitter taste of this medicine also poisons enthusiasts such as us who are condensed in number. Obviously, the producers and right owners do have a fault; which should explain why film prints of 99% of these classics are in dismal states. Their short term goals of profit makes them overlook the bigger picture, and eventually kill the longevity of the art of film. We all know how negatives are thrown in the bins, and then destroyed by scrap dealers. It's plain tragic.