It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:02 pm 

These are screenshots of the Rekha starer Utsav (1984) from the Odyssey Quest R2 PAL DVD released only in the UK. Major problem with this DVD is that it is ENGLISH DUBBED. Also the running time on this DVD is 110 minutes as opposed to the original running time of 139 minutes. So a few scenes are cut even after taking PAL speed-up into consideration, but the good news is that all the Erotic scenes remain intact :D. The R2 DVD also happens to be the only WIDESCREEN copy of this movie. The transfer is grainy but when viewed on TV, the movie does look better with the grain and all.

If you are a Rekha fan, I would definitely recommend you to grab this DVD as the transfer is much better than the other DVD's available.

Quote:
DVD Format.......: PAL
DVD Size...........: DVD9 (5.64 GB)
Screen Format...: Widescreen
Frame Type.......: Progressive
Audio Language..: English
Audio Format.....: DD 2.0
Subtitles...........: None
Extras..............: Yes (Check Screen No. 2)

PS: Will post screens from the EAGLE DVD (Fullscreen, Uncut, English subtitles but a terrible transfer :( ) soon. This title was released by EROS too. But I don't have that DVD. Can anyone post screens from the EROS DVD?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:38 pm 

As promised, here are the screenshots from the Eagle Entertainment DVD of this movie. Judging from the screens below, the video is clearly from a badly worn out source full of splices, speckles, dirt, tears, etc. about which Eagle doesn't seem to have cared a tuppence about. On many scenes the image quivers up and down. Color faithfulness on the whole is unbalanced throughout the film. Noise filters seem to have heavily used thereby causing heavy destruction to the already poor video. In spite of all the above listed problems and many more that I am too lazy to list, this DVD happens to be the only full version of the movie (138 minutes) in the original Hindi language . Also this DVD has both DD 2.0 and DD 5.1 audio.

Quote:
DVD Format.......: NTSC
DVD Size...........: DVD9 (6.68 GB)
Screen Format...: Fullscreen
Frame Type.......: Interlaced
Audio Language..: Hindi
Audio Format.....: DD 2.0, DD 5.1
Subtitles...........: English
Extras..............: Really! Including the full movie was itself an achievement

P.S: If someone could post screenshots from the EROS DVD, we can come to a conclusion on the definitive DVD version of this Erotic classic.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:27 am 

Erotic or whatsoever, I thought this film was done very tastefully, and I would like to have a good copy of this rather than a big budget, Kama sutra or Indian spice lol by chadha family.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:31 am 

The first Eagle DVD shot and the last Eagle DVD shot looks like it comes from 2 different sources.

Also, the PAL dvd seems to be cropped from the original 4:3 ratio. (Look at the last Eagle shot and the last PAL dvd shot.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:37 pm 

I had read this thread, and i have the Shemaroo version, adding screenshots :)

DVD Format.......: NTSC
DVD Size...........: DVD9 (6.28 GB)
Audio Language..: Hindi / Sanskrit
Audio Format.....: Fake DD 5.1
Subtitles...........: English
Extras..............: NO
Company..........: Shemaroo (No Watermarks)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:32 am 

So far despite grain,the European version looks the best:)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:41 pm 

Thanks for the screenshots from the Shemaroo DVD, mrbrat_Boy. Didn't even know that a Shemaroo DVD existed for this movie.

The source for the Shemaroo DVD seems to be much better than the Eagle one. The picture quality is a bit soft on the Shemaroo transfer though, but is still good enough. If I am correct in assuming that Shemaroo has the uncut version of the movie, it is the best transfer available for now.

The R2 PAL unfortunately is cut and a bit cropped from the OAR. It is also English Dubbed. But despite all these problems, this is the most superior transfer of this movie.

brownboy05 wrote:
The first Eagle DVD shot and the last Eagle DVD shot looks like it comes from 2 different sources.

Yes, the last Eagle DVD shot does look extremely good. I actually included that shot to show that only 2 to 3 minutes from the total running time of 138 minutes, is watchable on the Eagle DVD :D . And yes, this shot was taken from that 2 to 3 minutes towards the end.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:27 pm 

Quote:
Thanks for the screenshots from the Shemaroo DVD, mrbrat_Boy. Didn't even know that a Shemaroo DVD existed for this movie.

The source for the Shemaroo DVD seems to be much better than the Eagle one. The picture quality is a bit soft on the Shemaroo transfer though, but is still good enough. If I am correct in assuming that Shemaroo has the uncut version of the movie, it is the best transfer available for now.

The R2 PAL unfortunately is cut and a bit cropped from the OAR. It is also English Dubbed. But despite all these problems, this is the most superior transfer of this movie.

brownboy05 wrote:The first Eagle DVD shot and the last Eagle DVD shot looks like it comes from 2 different sources.
Yes, the last Eagle DVD shot does look extremely good. I actually included that shot to show that only 2 to 3 minutes from the total running time of 138 minutes, is watchable on the Eagle DVD . And yes, this shot was taken from that 2 to 3 minutes towards the end.

Yes, the dvd running time is 139 min

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:21 am 

Oh Boy or boy! You are teaming with goodies ;) yum yum in my tum! Lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:33 pm 

Charolastra wrote:
These are screenshots of the Rekha starer Utsav (1984) from the Odyssey Quest R2 PAL DVD released only in the UK. Major problem with this DVD is that it is ENGLISH DUBBED. Also the running time on this DVD is 110 minutes as opposed to the original running time of 139 minutes. So a few scenes are cut even after taking PAL speed-up into consideration, but the good news is that all the Erotic scenes remain intact :D. The R2 DVD also happens to be the only WIDESCREEN copy of this movie. The transfer is grainy but when viewed on TV, the movie does look better with the grain and all.

If you are a Rekha fan, I would definitely recommend you to grab this DVD as the transfer is much better than the other DVD's available.

plz grab it for me

Quote:
DVD Format.......: PAL
DVD Size...........: DVD9 (5.64 GB)
Screen Format...: Widescreen
Frame Type.......: Progressive
Audio Language..: English
Audio Format.....: DD 2.0
Subtitles...........: None
Extras..............: Yes (Check Screen No. 2)

PS: Will post screens from the EAGLE DVD (Fullscreen, Uncut, English subtitles but a terrible transfer :( ) soon. This title was released by EROS too. But I don't have that DVD. Can anyone post screens from the EROS DVD?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:26 am 

Thanks. Look forward to comparison shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:57 pm 

May be if some one can rip and upload a torrent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:14 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
Thanks. Look forward to comparison shots

Thissss, and Mera Saaya BEi screenshots, urgently needed. :nopity:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:28 pm 

apparently the movie has been restored as of 2022.
https://www.3continents.com/en/film/festival-2/

hopefully shows up some place soon.