It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:49 pm 

dvd contains "making of the domestic version" and "making of the international version" as extras.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:32 pm 

I have it on my Dish DVR recorded from Aap Ka Colors channel last Sunday. The program guide says "Kites US".
It was a surprise to have telecast of this movie on a channel within a month after theatrical release.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:33 pm 

I assure both versions will be crap any ways!
Well said" dugu ki aag"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:21 am 

the dvd is available for Rs.299.
In some stores, this is available in a special box that has lots of freebies wrapped in a wire, and a wire-cutter! (same price) -- also has an extra dvd with bonus features

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:07 am 

NewDeep wrote:
the dvd is available for Rs.299.
In some stores, this is available in a special box that has lots of freebies wrapped in a wire, and a wire-cutter! (same price) -- also has an extra dvd with bonus features

Thanks Deep!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:17 am 

The Kites DVD has a problem with the aspect ratio.

Sanjay wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
@sanjay, can you help commuicate this to mr. chandna?

The DVD has been authored by Mr. Chandna's company and I communicated the problem as described here to Mr. Chandna. He seemed to be oblivious to what I described, but he did state that he would get a copy of the DVD and check it out. I will try and get a response in a couple of days after he has hopefully had a chance to check out the DVD.

How to replicate the "bug" on the KITES DVD released in India by BIG:

If you have a 4:3 (standard) TV without "vertical compression mode" (also known as "16:9 mode" or "widescreen mode"), set the DVD Player to output at "4:3" or "Letterbox" mode (i.e. set it to output at any non-"16:9 mode") and play the movie. Now the picture should show the correct 2.35:1 ratio, but it continues to appear vertically stretched.

If you have a 4:3 (standard) TV with "vertical compression mode" (also known as "16:9 mode" or "widescreen mode"),
(a)
set the DVD Player to output at "4:3" or "Letterbox" mode (i.e. set it to output at any non-"16:9 mode"), set the TV to standard display, i.e. do not invoke the TV widescreen mode, and play the movie. Now the picture should show the correct 2.35:1 ratio, but it continues to appear vertically stretched.
(b)
also try this --
set the DVD Player to output at "16:9" or "widescreen" mode, set the TV to "16:9" or "vertical compression" or "widescreen" mode/ display, and play the movie. Now the picture should show the correct 2.35:1 ratio, but it continues to appear vertically stretched.

If you have a 16:9 TV, set the TV to 16:9 mode, set the DVD Player to output at "16:9" or "widescreen" mode, and play the movie. Now the picture should show the correct 2.35:1 ratio, but it continues to appear vertically stretched.

-----

The only way to watch this DVD correctly is to necessarily have a 16:9 TV or a 16:9 mode on your 4:3 TV, and force the 16:9 mode of your TV on the 4:3 output of your DVD player. Sadly, standard TVs with only 4:3 ability cannot play this DVD in its correct aspect ratio.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:43 pm 

Came across Image release of DVD. It has two versions. One is Bollywood version 123 min and the other is Hollywood version which is shorter 93 min but Spicier. 8)