It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 6:43 pm 

my understanding was a dei, revised version of sholay with dolby surround! i.e 4 channels! any takes! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 1:39 am 

When movie was originally released it had mono soundtrack for 35mm prints and stereo soundtrack only for 70mm prints as in those days there were not that many movie houses in India equipped for 70mm or stereo. so it all depends weather dvd transfer is from original film elements with mono or stereo soundtrack.

lakeshore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 3:57 am 

The DEI version of 'Sholay' is most certainly not mono, but rather it is in Dolby Pro Logic (Dolby Stereo). As far as the original theatrical release of the movie is concerned, it was shown in two different versions. The longer version with the 'qawaali and Jagdeep episode' was shown in 70mm (approx 2:1 aspect ratio) 6 track stereophonic sound. The shorter version was shown in 35mm (1.44:1 aspect ratio) mono sound. It is obvious from the aspect ratio and the surround sound that DEI used a 70mm print to make their DVD. But what I fail to understand is, then why did they choose to remix it to Dolby Surround rather than Dolby Digital 5.1 After all they had to remix the sound from the original six tracks anyhow. By the way at one time DEI had anounced that they would be releasing a remastered DVD of Sholay with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound but I guess due to the unfortunate split with Eros that never came about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 11:15 pm 

When shopping for Sholay expanded version I came across Eros B4U version advertised at the Iweekly site. But when I got the Sholay DVD they had sent me the Eros/DEI version. Has anyone else experienced this mix up? Have sent a e-mail to Afzal to find out if they have the Eros B4u version and informing him this order was based upon B4U version advertised at the site.

lakeshore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 4:27 pm 

Can anyone tell me if they've experieced buzzing noises in certain sections of the film. Would come down to a bad mixing of the Dolby Digital or a fault of my player. Please can someone help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:09 pm 

Which sections of the film?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:42 pm 

Holi ke din dil khil jaate hain....awful sound,

Haan jab tak hain jaan...cant hear a clear sound.... on my Tv speakers !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 12:56 am 

I have bought the B4U version of Sholay when it came out, the sound starts hissing after 2 hours of the films start, and it is down right annoying!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:34 pm 

The sound on the Eros/DEI version sometimes "tears," meaning it sounds like something is tearing in the speaker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:57 am 

Slightly off-topic, but can anyone let me know where to find the Eros/B4U version of Sholay? Indiaweekly, IndianCDStore and Indiaplaza have only the Eros/DEI versions.

Post subject: sholay dvd yash raj
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:04 pm 

i havent posted in a really long time just thought id let you all know of a little rumour i heard that yash raj films will be releasing sholay on dvd...not sure if it will be done by prasad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

I remember sunnyaudit mentioning that Eros rights to certain films will expire - could well be the case for Sholay, in which case another DVD is possible - YRF would be a improvement over Eros and DEI disc, although they would hardly shatter their grounding breaking DVD quality record :plain: Could be interesting in the extras department though :0

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:18 pm 

i think if yash raj was going to do the sholay dvd, they'd be marketing the crap out of it on their site right now.

even if the dvd was scheduled to be released in 2004 or something, i'd think they'd have a title in big bold letters saying: "Sholay Collector's Edition - 4 DVD Set - Coming Soon"
and be putting little advertisements on all their dvds.

if they do release the dvd, let's hope it's a step FORWARD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:20 pm 

you're right ali, yash raj is prob. the best for extras

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 11:51 pm 

Quote:
yash raj is prob. the best for extras

Yash Raj is best film company full stop.
They get top films out, they are original and professional! Only mistake they have made is having Super Digital do their DVDs, thats where the Delays come from> think about it u neva see YashRaj films being delyed in the cinemas very often do u?

I think Yas Raj and DEI should team up, their DVD's would be untouchable!
Picture Quality of DEI
+
Extras and addition material from Yash Raj

EQUALS=EXCELLENT DVD

Hope Sholay is a 3 DVD Set......surely derserves one!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next