Well its here the 2nd Tamil Blu-ray disc to hit the shelves

http://www.tamilblu-ray.com
or
http://www.bollywoodblu-ray.com

Villu tamil movie by ayngaran
how do u upload sleeves on this forum can anybody advise

Coming sonn Billa Blu-ray watch this space

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:40 am 

PM either myself or Ali and we can send you our email address to which you can send the shots and we can post on your behalf :) Or you can upload to an image server like Image Shack and post the links here but not recommended personally since the links die out sometimes or due to traffic they dont appear.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:07 am 

silverfox, please continue to use the earlier thread -- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10798&start=0 -- for generic news on tamilbluray.com -- meanwhile this new thread can be exclusively for "Villu".

thx :-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:05 pm 

I cant believe someone taking effort to convert Villu into Blue Ray. Even screen print VHS is too much for this movie. Instead ayngaran should try to create blue ray of good old classics, like Raja raja cholan (first tamil cinemascope) or Karnan or many other good movies.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:41 pm 

I kept telling Ayngaran to do the Mani Ratnam movies, or film titles like Kandukodian.
However, they wanted to do Villu as it was thier own production.

Anyway, after Billa, Pokkiri and Kuruvi Ayngaran will have a clean slate. I intend to get them to work on either Bombay or Kandukodain Kandukodian.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:33 am 

Looking forward to the Villu blu-ray which is arriving shortly in the mail.

Please do attempt to get Mani Ratnam movies. Personally, I'd like to see Alaipayuthey but Bombay or KK would be just as welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:42 pm 

I have been reading and watching silently as I had nothing really interesting to say or protest against...But here, Villu on Bluray!!..what a shame. Ayngaran should get their head out of the ground. Did ANYONE like this movie? Even Ayngaran themselves wouldn't watch it twice. Unfortunately for us, they are (I hope) going to make a huge loss on this one and will probably be too cautious about their future investments on Bluray. This movie is not worth even pirating or downloading, proof is given by the huge loss they made and Vijay's anger during one of the interviews now made famous on the web.

I hope they get Kaakha Kaakha, Vettaiyaadu V, Alaipayuthae, Batcha...

Do they have any artistic or even financial advisors at Ayngaran for their commercial strategy?
How do they want to sell a flop movie on Bluray? Especially when it takes them more than two years to release a Top Hit like Sivaji (commercially buit artistically its arguable) which would've brought loads of money on Bluray.
My two cents would be to target the commercial successes, small or big budget/stars, and release them quickly on Bluray so that people don't get pirate copies, rentals, downloading and make profit and then release the chef d'oeuvres/master pieces.

Best of luck to all fans of Indian/Tamil movies on BLURAY

DreDD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:22 pm 

The Mani Ratnam films (Madras Talkies Productions only) will arrive on blu-ray one day. I am working hard to ensure this is done.

I am also speaking to AP International, who plan to launch Tamil, Telugu and Malay blu-ray for India later this year.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:53 pm 

Villu 720p BDRIP SCREENS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:18 am 

Wow, i didnt know there were that many people that had similar views about Villu - i.e. its not even worth vhs release let alone a BD (i had the unfortunate experience of watching it in the cinema's!!) :'-(

I'm not sure on the facts, but was it a hit in india? Hence, Ayngaran releasing this, and it could be a new market to release BD movies in India....? (maybe..?)

...and as much as i hate the movie, the screen shots look great (thanks to Azhagiya Tamizh Magan.... - a Vijay fan?? ;-)

(I've decided to wait for the BD release of Billa which i havent yet seen)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:18 pm 

Looks DNRed...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:14 pm 

No DNR was used for the blu-ray. The AVC file was a direct encode from the DPX liner file, with no prefilter used.
Also, the stills are from a 720p BD rip, which has been re-compressed from the original 1080p frame.

99% of Indian films apply DNR during post production (colour grading) to remove all the wear & tear the negative has picked up during filming and logging.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:44 pm 

billa out now

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:02 am 

just curious..who holds the rights for Dil Se currently?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:51 am 

Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
99% of Indian films apply DNR during post production (colour grading) to remove all the wear & tear the negative has picked up during filming and logging.

Unfortunately. If they would just do dust busting and leave the grain alone I wouldn't mind. I hope they stop when Red One, Scarlet and Epic take over. :D