It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:03 pm 

I own a copy of the flick which was taken out by Spark. Possibly the WORST transfer in the history of transfers. Basically, it looked like it had been sourced from a VHS and then incorrectly framed from about 2.35:1 to about 2.50:1 (I'll try and get some screenshots up later to show you.) Anyway, I came across another copy today which was taken out by Apollo DVD and Bollywood Entertainment (I think it was Bollywood Entertainment at least, I can't remember.) Now the cover art was completely different to the ones I've see before but it had the same picture and details as the DEI one from the back (albeit it was laid out slightly different and there was no DEI logo which made me wary about buying it.) THE POINT IS, does anyone know about this??? I want a quality copy but can't find the DEI one in the shops anywhere and this one seems like it could possibly be decent.

Anyone know anything about Apollo DVD's???

The DEI 1 is prog. right?! And where can I get it from?!?!

Too many questions!!! :bangbang:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:13 pm 

Re: Your PM ... Below are all the screen shots available @ Zulm.net, sorry none for Apollo, never heard of a HDDCS DVD from them:

HDDCS DEI vs Video Sound Comparison

HDDCS DEI 2 Disc

HDDCS DEI Single Disc

HDDCS Michael Hafner Review

HDDCS Video Sound

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:34 pm 

DEI or BEI is essentially the same thing. HDDCS rights are with Video Sound, at least for North America and hence that's the version you'll ordinarily find in North America.

DEI's HDDCS was OKed for some other market and perhaps for limited sales in North America. BEI and Appolo may have collaboration for that DVD to be distributed in some market??

Rana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:55 am 

I was so happy that I bought a DEI version of "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam" today. But the DVD is defective and only the first half is playable. I recall that I saw another version distributed by BollywoodEntertainment.com. Anyone know whether the BollywoodEntertainment.com is BEI? And is BollywoodEntertainment.com version has the same image quality as the old DEI version? :?:

Post subject: hum dil...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:07 pm 

Does anyone have an answer to the second best version of this movie on DVD??? Everyone knows now about this DEI defective version - it's excellent quality of course, but it only allows about one viewing before the dvd self-destructs....whenever I put this dvd in, the second half of the movie defectiveness is plaguing towards the first half....

So, is the Video Sound or the Bollywood Entertainment the second best dvd version of this movie??? All I care about if the video is anamorphic, audio DD 5.1 and the subtitles are HDTV friendly and there are subtitles during the songs....So does anyone have an answer to this question - what's the second best DVD version of HDDCS????

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:09 pm 

that's what I would like to know too...does anyone know the technical specs of this Bollywood Entertainment dvd version??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:51 pm 

Bollywood Entertainment version has the exactly the same specs as old DEI version. At least the cover says so. And its front cover of the case is very similar to the special feature disk's cover of DEI version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:50 pm 

DEI = BEI same DVD PQ and Audio. Media cant say if it'll rot or not though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:31 pm 

alright guys, here's my story of hddcs dvds. I used to have videosound dvd before, and i gave it away to get the dei one. Then I bought the dei version from nehaflix last year (i think october) and it froze in the second half. So, then I shipped it back, and they sent me another one, but this one had the same problem. So, then I decided to get the videosound version again, so I asked them to replace it again, which they did. They sent me the 2 disc videosound version (the one with the black cover on nehaflix.com), and it turned out to be the same dei 2 disc with dei's logo replaced with videosound in all the menues, and coming attractions also replaced from dei to videosound. Before the menu, there's a trailor of "the hero". And, I watched the movie many times since then, and I haven't had any problems, it is the same DEI version, just with videosound logos, same second disc too, same menues, etc. So, i hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:36 pm 

Jeet wrote:
alright guys, here's my story of hddcs dvds. I used to have videosound dvd before, and i gave it away to get the dei one. Then I bought the dei version from nehaflix last year (i think october) and it froze in the second half. So, then I shipped it back, and they sent me another one, but this one had the same problem. So, then I decided to get the videosound version again, so I asked them to replace it again, which they did. They sent me the 2 disc videosound version (the one with the black cover on nehaflix.com), and it turned out to be the same dei 2 disc with dei's logo replaced with videosound in all the menues, and coming attractions also replaced from dei to videosound. Before the menu, there's a trailor of "the hero". And, I watched the movie many times since then, and I haven't had any problems, it is the same DEI version, just with videosound logos, same second disc too, same menues, etc. So, i hope this helps.

WOW!! What a TWIST!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:22 pm 

Jeet wrote:

There was some arrangement between Video Sound and DEI. Video Sound retained their rights for the North American market and perhaps DEI HDDCS was not for the North American Market.

With DEI gone, Video Sound might be using the superior DEI authoring.
But, do they know that Video Sound EXTRAS disc was better than DEI EXTRAS disc?? (See zulm reviews/ comparison in the links given above). Best combo will be to get DEI authoring for the main disc and VS authoring for the EXTRAS disc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:09 pm 

...or totally rip off the customer and empty our wallets with a 3 disc deluxe edition of HDDCS :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:14 pm 

Quote:
There was some arrangement between Video Sound and DEI. Video Sound retained their rights for the North American market and perhaps DEI HDDCS was not for the North American Market.

With DEI gone, Video Sound might be using the superior DEI authoring.
But, do they know that Video Sound EXTRAS disc was better than DEI EXTRAS disc?? (See zulm reviews/ comparison in the links given above). Best combo will be to get DEI authoring for the main disc and VS authoring for the EXTRAS disc.

yes, "the making" on the videosound version was indeed better quality. That disc wasn't all that bad, imo. It was better than most other videosound dvds. but, of course dei one is better.

u know, I have a feeling that videosound might have done the same with "fiza", since they have changed the cover art that looks similar to the spark/dei version. but i'm just guessing though, not sure if that is the case.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:49 pm 

Maybe just me, while watching DEI's Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, I feel the image seems slightly squashed in vertical direction? Is it the problem with my eyes or the DVD? I also watched DEI's Dhaai Akshar Prem Ke. It seems normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:10 pm 

Do you mean stretched maybe? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next