It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 1:48 am 

DEI Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam DVD - HDDCS DEI 2 DISC in USA ?
All,

I am looking for 2 DVD HDDCS DVD. I think it is not for sale in USA but is there anyway I can get from IW or other stores in US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 1:58 am 

neo wrote:
All,

I am looking for 2 DVD HDDCS DVD. I think it is not for sale in USA but is there anyway I can get from IW or other stores in US.

Call 1-203-699-9105 and ask Afzal for the 2 disc set ! He will be obliged to give you that disc set !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:19 am 

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why do you want 2 DVD disc vs. one? Is there a serious quality difference? (Help a prospective buyer!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 3:44 am 

DEI version of this dvd is better version than videosound and also has extras on second disk. I recently brought this from Indiaweekly.com.
Unbelievable price only $7.99 for this dvd.

Edited By ganti on Feb. 14 2002 at 03:46

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:14 pm 

Yes, the 2 disc DVD from DEI is much much better in terms of picture and sound quality. Besides, it has some extras on the 2nd DVD.

I bought mine in Toronto (Mississauga)

Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:18 am 

I was looking up @ IW site but it showed VideoSound. DEI's website lists for sale outside US only.

I guess I need to call Afzal @ IW before ordering.

Sknath thanks for Afzals phone nos.

BTW for all curious folks, DEI version is reviewed and compared to VideoSound in old Zulm reviews.

DEI HDDCS review

Edited By neo on Feb. 14 2002 at 19:20

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 1:07 am 

i watched the videosound dvd of hddcs awhile back and was confused when ajay devgan started singing "dhol baje" and aishwarya knew he had met salman. am i dreaming or did videosound cut this song out of the film? i know they cut down the length of "chand chupa."

so how much did videosound cut?

Edited By theon on May 11 2002 at 21:07

Post subject: Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:19 pm 

I just recently purchased the DEI two disc set of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. Beautiful disc. One of the best Hindi film DVDs I've ever seen (in terms of picture quality).

However, it started to pixelate right around the the chapter where the title song plays. It gets progressively worse and then the disc locks up completely, making me miss the end of the movie . Same thing happens in both my standalone player (an old Tosh 2108) as well as the DVD player in my PC. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it widespread or did I just get a bad copy (ordered from Nehaflix)? Or do I need a new DVD player? My DVD player does seem to have trouble with quite a few Hindi film DVDs. Ones I recall are Dil Chahta Hai, Aks, Daman, Nishant and Tum Bin. It plays all Hollywood DVDs just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:23 pm 

Never had any problems myself with this DVD. Might be a dupe of the original.... :sus: :oops: :oo: :oh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:15 am 

Quote:
Ones I recall are Dil Chahta Hai, Aks, Daman, Nishant and Tum Bin.

You are just unfortunate to pick all the bad ones. As you are new I suggest that you read the old postings here, most of these bad dvd's were discussed at length here. Also on the manufacturers, among the ones you should stay away from are Sky, Videosound for freezing problems and Babadigital, Eros for bad transfers. :D cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:34 am 

Quote:
I just recently purchased the DEI two disc set of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. Beautiful disc. One of the best Hindi film DVDs I've ever seen (in terms of picture quality).

However, it started to pixelate right around the the chapter where the title song plays. It gets progressively worse and then the disc locks up completely, making me miss the end of the movie . Same thing happens in both my standalone player (an old Tosh 2108) as well as the DVD player in my PC. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it widespread or did I just get a bad copy (ordered from Nehaflix)? Or do I need a new DVD player? My DVD player does seem to have trouble with quite a few Hindi film DVDs. Ones I recall are Dil Chahta Hai, Aks, Daman, Nishant and Tum Bin. It plays all Hollywood DVDs just fine.

Hi I too faced the same problem, mine got struck just after the interval part and i too am unable to watch the end. I bought this dvd from nehaflix just two months ago. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:11 pm 

EMT wrote:

I had posted the same problem that I encountered a few years with HDDCS dvd...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:59 pm 

Do, u have on GOLD MEDIA? and dont tell, me, u cant tell! LOL..

Orig was on GOLD MEDIA, then on SILVER GOLD, till, it became un official, recent should be on CRAPPY SILVER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:08 pm 

Thanks for your replies. The disc does have "DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT INC." on the back around the center hole. The media is SILVER.

I will say that it is very disappointing for a new Hindi film fan to find that the quality of many of the DVDs is so very poor. I purchased HDDCS because it was supposedly one of the better ones. It's bad enough that I need to avoid discs put out by certain companies. Do I also have to look out for DVD media of a certain color?!

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:02 pm 

Nothing wrong with your player you have a bad disc. I had a similar problem with DEI Mother India. It pixelated badly. Also had similar problems with a few Videosound discs.

It is all down to bull$hit media being used to save a few pence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next