It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:53 pm 

who used to duplicate/replicate for SPARK? bloody all their dvds have the same freezing problem...

believe it or not, all their copies of DIL HAI KE MANTA NAHIN all freeze.... i changed it so many times and played on different players, still no luck... so i eventually gave up... what a shame considering that the print was probably the best of DIL HAI KE MANTA NAHIN thats available compared to the crappy t-series and video sound/gvi versions

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:28 pm 

Quote:

Q. Why DVDs do not play on all players?

A. It could be either the dvd is manufactured out of spec, or the player is out of spec, or the player has a very low tolerance to "out of spec" DVDs (the very high end players)

Q. Why would a replaced disc work, whereas the first disc did not?
A. In most cases, we find that the first disc may have been scratched or damaged, (DVDS are very very delicate and small scratches and dust do cause immense playability problems). Normal handling, keeping it face down, loose discs in the boxes, fingerprints etc. can cause skips, freezes and jumps.

Lately majority of recently manufactured DVDs I bought, they work on some players and not on others at all ?? DVDs are fresh from sealed box and no scratch even under microscope. One indication I get among problematic discs is that when trying to load/ read, it keeps on making ticking noise on some players, loud buzzing noise on some and on some players, it just spits out the disc. Could it be a balancing or warped-disc problem ??

DVDs that I bought a few Yrs back, play fine on all players. May be 1 or 2 % or not even that (from old batches), that had this problem.

Could it be that new DVD media is not compatible with old DVD drives ??
For DVD-Rs, I know older PC DVD drives don't recognize 16X discs. Could it be something similar for manufactured DVD videos ??

Any insight, any one ??

----------------------
Mods: This problem/ topic is here to stay. Could we please make this a sticky thread. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:30 am 

Wow, and here I thought my DVD-Drive was acting crazy.

YES...lately many of my new DVD9s that I insert into my laptop always giving these BUZZING sounds as if it's struggling to read the disc! That never happened before!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:25 pm 

Eros is using Digital Entertainment India for Blu-Ray authoring for some of there Blu-ray DVDs.

These people authored the four Blu-Ray DVDs that just came out from Eros (for which the screen shots are already post).

here is the website link.

http://www.dgtainment.com/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

:shock: :lol:

Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:43 am 

rana wrote:
Mods: This problem/ topic is here to stay. Could we please make this a sticky thread. Thanks.

I am unable to do so... requesting Ali/UrbanLegend to help.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:53 am 

new player on the scene -- spsoft hyderabad -- some newer big home videos discs are being replicated there...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:40 pm 

I also get this problem. DVD sometimes freeze. Want to get a solution for this.What have to do regarding this issue.Only the DVD Manufacture will solve this issue.Hope they will give the best support.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:10 pm 

Thank GOD for Netflix where the movies can be seen on streaming video.Never have to bother about dvd rot anymore. I still have the Video Sound version of Sunil Dutt and Madhubala movie which freezes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:26 am 

I also facing this problem !!! Better solution will be good for me !! Hope get good information from this issue !!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:03 am 

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12384

newDEEP wrote:
The news is that Disney has exited DVD/BD licencing and distribution in India, and so has SPHE (Sony Pictures Home Entertainment). Meanwhile, Sony DADC, till now only in manufacturing/ replication, has entered the business. One of their first "marketed by" releases is the Indian DVDs and BDs of The Avengers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:27 am 

A (new?) manufacturing/ replication facility -- Regency (Kolkata, India) --should be making its mark soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:53 pm 

rana wrote:
Quote:

Q. Why DVDs do not play on all players?

A. It could be either the dvd is manufactured out of spec, or the player is out of spec, or the player has a very low tolerance to "out of spec" DVDs (the very high end players)

Q. Why would a replaced disc work, whereas the first disc did not?
A. In most cases, we find that the first disc may have been scratched or damaged, (DVDS are very very delicate and small scratches and dust do cause immense playability problems). Normal handling, keeping it face down, loose discs in the boxes, fingerprints etc. can cause skips, freezes and jumps.

Lately majority of recently manufactured DVDs I bought, they work on some players and not on others at all ?? DVDs are fresh from sealed box and no scratch even under microscope. One indication I get among problematic discs is that when trying to load/ read, it keeps on making ticking noise on some players, loud buzzing noise on some and on some players, it just spits out the disc. Could it be a balancing or warped-disc problem ??

DVDs that I bought a few Yrs back, play fine on all players. May be 1 or 2 % or not even that (from old batches), that had this problem.

Could it be that new DVD media is not compatible with old DVD drives ??
For DVD-Rs, I know older PC DVD drives don't recognize 16X discs. Could it be something similar for manufactured DVD videos ??

Any insight, any one ??

----------------------

Spark is the same as DEI/BEI and they used no good disc to put the movies on. Remember the Eros/DEI being the best was because Eros
was in control of manufacture and DEI in the digital transfer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:04 am 

newDEEP wrote:
A (new?) manufacturing/ replication facility -- Regency (Kolkata, India) --should be making its mark soon.
Initial Life of Pi DVD pieces manufactured by Regency (full name - SaReGaMa Regency) ran into compatibility problems on some players, and so did some pieces of Regency-manufactured Skyfall. Life of Pi DVDs manufactured by Sony DADC were running fine, and Excel is offering free replacements.

Excel seem to have taken this up with Regency, and newer lots do not have compatibility issues.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:12 am 

LOOTERA dvd -- India -- Eros -- manufactured by Jet Speed -- major problems around layer-change. Avoid!!