It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:10 pm 

DVD of Love Story 2050 Released in India on BIG

shots from laptop:

lovely imported slimline keep case;
nice artwork;
good 5.1 with genuine separation and nice surround BUT bass is abused -- the "overuse" is evident especially during songs; 2.0 track is okayish;
nice colours and contrast; BUT edge enhancement is pretty evident

Last edited by newDEEP [go-green] on Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Love Story 2050
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:32 pm 

looks similar to the adlabs version..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:37 pm 

toddly6666 wrote:
I just got the Adlabs DVD of this film and it's really not that bad. The story/acting is as typical as any other bollywood film. The special effects are surprisingly very good. And the main dude, no where in the same acting league of Hrithik, is not that bad as well.

I have some questions about the movie and the dvd though. Were there three scenes in the film that was awkwardly removed?

First, there seemed like there was a scene removed right after they arrive in the future. Everyone is starring at the futuristic skyline, then all of a sudden it cuts to the family escaping the police. I feel like there was some big action scene removed such as the family getting in the city, exploring, and then the police see how they are the time machine owners, and then a big chase scene ensues. Due to a later scene of the villain saying, "oh, he's on his sky scooter again," it seemed like that the main character had a chase scene on his flying sky scooter earlier in the film and not just at the end of the film.

Second, they don't show who the villain is? Is there some scene where he's unmasked? My theory is that the villain is the main character's father, since they showed how they didn't have a good relationship at the beginning. If that is true, did the director decide to cut out this scene because it's too dark?

Third, right when they time travel back to the present time at the end of the film, it cuts straight to the credits. It seemed to end abruptly as if another scene was removed.

It's okay to remove scenes, but not if something seems like something was obviously removed that throws off the whole flow and common sense of the film.

Did anyone else notice this?

what's the adlabs dvd runtime?

After they land in the future, there's them staring into the horizon and skyline followed by a couple of seconds of blank black screen -- I am guessing this is where interval occurs in the theatre. Immediately after that, there are some girls trying to locate the visitors' "ship", followed by police looking for the visitors.

No, whoever the villain is, he's not the hero's father. He's some assistant the professor had -- he's even named when they show "what happened in 2037".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:22 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
what's the adlabs dvd runtime?

it's 2:51:03