It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:40 pm 

Thanks for the Comparisions shots Sengh_15

I would say that there is NO point in the release because they should re master them and put the new ones on Blu-Ray that would mean more sales and money

JAT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:53 pm 
Site Admin

jat1 wrote:
I would say that there is NO point in the release because they should re master them and put the new ones on Blu-Ray that would mean more sales and money

HD is niche market at the moment, low sales, less money to be made - high production costs. :o

There's no point in re-doing these DVD when the video still looks like video and not film, it's an improvement over the old DVD but still a poor DVD by any other standard.

Ali

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:05 pm 

ali wrote:
jat1 wrote:

HD is niche market at the moment, low sales, less money to be made - high production costs. :o

There's no point in re-doing these DVD when the video still looks like video and not film, it's an improvement over the old DVD but still a poor DVD by any other standard.

Ali

Thats very true but I'm 100% they will get profit out of it one way or the other

I would say SOME people just want things to be on new format(s) they dont care about PQ they only care of the price being low

JAT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:22 am 

i'll check my indian yrf dvd of KP that was in keep case.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:06 am 

I still feel YRF should release Deewar and Trishul, they will do a better job then Eros have done

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:24 pm 

so here we are
release of the same transfer
but picture is ....vividized.
(picture recorded onto dvd with vivid setting)
what the hell is the point?
i guess people will perceive this as a better picture quality
oh well, i guess the hindi audience is still not fed up with low quality dvd's, it looks good on their tv screen

hey guys
are their any official indian dvd reviewing sites such as dvdfile.com, digitalbits.com....????????????
those are really needed

anyways, i hadn't posted in a while
just venting off
i guess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:40 am 

sengh_15 wrote:
I still feel YRF should release Deewar and Trishul, they will do a better job then Eros have done

Deewar & Trishul were only directed by Yash Chopra and not produced by Yashraj Films. They were produced by Trimurti Films/Gulshan Rai (father of Rajiv Rai, Tridev, Mohra, Vishwatma fame).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:52 am 

sengh_15 wrote:
I know, the film originally was mono but this is remastered into 5.1! It sounds wonderful, I was shocked

I dont mean to doubt you but I seriously doubt that Yash Raj or for that matter any Indian producers would even have the original audio stems, let alone for them to actually use the audio stems to remix them for 5.1. The .1 part is specially hard to believe, because even with 6 track stereophonic movies there was no seperate bass track recorded. Also, the audio menu of the DVD clearly states Original 2.0 audio and ENHANCED Dolby Digital 5.1 and we all know what Enhanced means in Bollywood. It certainly does not mean Remixed. Also, someone needs to educate Yash Raj Films that Mono means 1.0 audio and not 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:07 am 

NewDeep wrote:
Chandni audio was HMV or T-series? Both companies released several mono OSTs during that time...

Chandni like all other Yash Raj movie soundtracks was released on HMV. Actually back in 1989, stereo recordings had not become a given with Bollywood yet, but had become quite common atleast for A grade productions. Thus it was that much more surprising that Yash Raj Films, who had been releasing music in stereo since Noorie way back in 1979 suddenly regressed back to mono.

On a side note, here is an interesting tid bit about Raj Kapoor. None of his films music was ever released in Stereo and nor were any of his films shot in Cinemascope because the so called great film maker believed that stereo and widescreen distracted from the art of film making. Yeeesh. No wonder Bollywood has always been so technically regressed. Ram Teri Ganga Maili was Raj Kapoors first and only widescreen film, which he agreed to do due to the pressure from his distributors, because by then Widescreen had become pretty standard for all A films.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:15 am 
Site Admin

Sanjay wrote:
Also, the audio menu of the DVD clearly states Original 2.0 audio and ENHANCED Dolby Digital 5.1 ..

Is this the case for the new re-release of the DVD too? ie that has two selectable audio tracks?

Ali

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:09 am 

sengh_15 wrote:

I doubt YRF will do a better job that DEI did with these titles (having said that, I haven't seen either of them for a long time, so don't remember if they were among the worse DEI DVDs).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:26 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
sengh_15 wrote:

I doubt YRF will do a better job that DEI did with these titles (having said that, I haven't seen either of them for a long time, so don't remember if they were among the worse DEI DVDs).

Rajiv Rai these days is not really with Bollywood. Plus I dont think they are getting anything out of selling their rights to Eros. But I believe if YRF release both Deewar and Trishul (Two Of Yash Chopra's best ever) they will do a good job with it.

As its hard to find the DEI version now

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:45 pm 

Enhanced 5.1 in BW lingu is =pseudo 5.1 imho!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:28 pm 

sengh_15 wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
it's the same as the earlier keep-case disc -- only the case has changed. do watch Lord Jim and compare that with this movie...

no Newdeep, if u look here:

http://www.zulm.net/modules.php?op=modl ... e=&order=0

Its looks like a VHS transfer. Plus the menus have changed and no special features. Plus the 5.1 sounds good!

Ok -- there are at least three versions -- the one abroad (with extra features and original 2.0), the Indian dvd in keep case, and the Indian dvd in digipak / cardboard case. However, the two Indian releases are the same in terms of the menus, options, etc.

sengh_15, I think you may have taken shots in non-normal mode or with CLEV on. Can you check again pls? I have the same dvd as you have (Indian release which is without the Karan Johar interview and with exactly the same menus as yours) -- only, mine is in keep case instead of digipak /cardboard case and has different artwork (a third version of artwork). And my colours are not as vivid as yours. which software did you use to take the shots and what was the setting?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:19 pm 

NewDeep my screenshots are always taken on normal mode. It seems to be a case of re-re-release.

Could u post some shots of the cover? It would be another intressting case to find out about