It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:45 am 

NewDeep wrote:
Ok -- there are at least three versions -- the one abroad (with extra features and original 2.0)

In the case of Kaala Pathar, Original & 2.0 is a contradictary statement, since Kaala Pathar was ORIGNALLY released with Mono = 1.0 sound.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:14 am 

Sanjay wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
Ok -- there are at least three versions -- the one abroad (with extra features and original 2.0)

In the case of Kaala Pathar, Original & 2.0 is a contradictary statement, since Kaala Pathar was ORIGNALLY released with Mono = 1.0 sound.

Maybe it's 2.0 mono (different from 1.0 mono and 2.0 stereo)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:44 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
Maybe it's 2.0 mono (different from 1.0 mono and 2.0 stereo)

Maybe so, but that would still not qualify it for the ORIGINAL tag, since the original soundtrack was 1.0 mono. Personally I cannot stand 2.0 mono or 5.0 mono or for that matter any combination of pseudo channels.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:42 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
Personally I cannot stand 2.0 mono or 5.0 mono or for that matter any combination of pseudo channels.

There's a big difference between 2.0 mono and 5.0 mono though.

5.0 mono sounds terrible since you're getting the same track (sometimes at the same volume) thrown at you from five sources, both front and back. And when downmixed through headphones or a stereo TV, it sounds echoey.

Keep in mind, unless you have a mono TV or a speaker system that has a center speaker, then 1.0 mono will always just become 2.0 mono anyway - since the audio has to be split through two speakers, either on the TV or on headphones.

All CDs containing music originally recorded in mono use 2.0 mono as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:47 pm 

Stephen wrote:

5.0 mono sounds terrible since you're getting the same track (sometimes at the same volume) thrown at you from five sources, both front and back. And when downmixed through headphones or a stereo TV, it sounds echoey.

Keep in mind, unless you have a mono TV or a speaker system that has a center speaker, then 1.0 mono will always just become 2.0 mono anyway - since the audio has to be split through two speakers, either on the TV or on headphones.

ALthough I would still prefer the original mono soundtrack presented in 1.0 mono, you do make some valid points.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:13 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
Stephen wrote:

ALthough I would still prefer the original mono soundtrack presented in 1.0 mono, you do make some valid points.

Most older titles by DEI, e.g Roti Kapda aur Makaan were kept Mono and sound great to me! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:03 pm 

it's being shown on SET MAX right now (21:25 IST), the colours are warm, bt not as warm as the new yrf dvd, but definitely not as bluish as the old dvd. i need to check mine -- the third dvd.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

It's on a bit later on in the UK, will try and capture some shots.

Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:01 am 
Site Admin

From Sony Max;

Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:18 am 

yrf re release was better imho

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:03 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
yrf re release was better imho

I agree!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:48 pm 

jat1 wrote:
So this means that nowdays Yashraj make there own DVD's they dont use Prasad Labs (India)

JAT
yes, they may themselves be authoring their own discs, and even replicating them.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:23 am 

Okay guys! I have the latest release of this movie on DVD. The transfer is colorful and crisp, but is sourced from a dirty print. The audio is pseudo 5.1 with no alternative 2.0 stream available. No comment on whether the transfer is the same as sengh's, but all I can say about the audio is that its nothing great. I wouldn't rate it as 'wonderful' as sengh did (maybe I'm deaf). It is processed a bit too much with that hiss removal, and that doesn't make it healthy. I surely would prefer my version for its video transfer, but the Super Digital edition has far better clarity in the audio (judging by DVD rips I have seen). I would go for a hissing audio source than one which is poorly processed robbing away its clarity.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:03 am 

Sanjay wrote:
sengh_15 wrote:
Plus the 5.1 sounds good!

... Also, although the soundtrack albums of his movies had switched to stereo with ’Trishul’, for some inexplicable reason the music album of ’Chandni’ was released in mono only.
and so was another Sridevi stereo-needing movie album -- chaalbaaz (t series)