It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:40 pm 

Aamir Khan Has Work on the DVD of TZP on his TODO List

http://202.87.41.148/digital/AamirKhan/ ... opicid=242

lets Make a List of things on how the DVD much be Done so that we Dont End up in a Crap DVD release

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:14 pm 

Release a Blue Ray HD disk as well. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:25 pm 

mhafner wrote:
Release a Blue Ray HD disk as well. :-)

aamir khan needs a crash course by you or some one from sony re dvd authoring technology etc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:21 am 

Here is my suggestion ;-

1) No dvd company logo on corner- Not even water mark please- just spoils the movie.

2) No Blue/green shading/ color coding (whatever u call it)... because the coders seriously dont know when such shade spoils the movie in the most critical place.... If needed at all please involve a hollywood level of expertise in color coding.

3) Please be careful when dealing with sync sound especially when it comes to balancing the decibel levels of dialogue with that of songs. Families and oldies also do watch movies and for them, be it a 5.1 or even 2.0 track, I am now sick of lowerig the exceedingly high volume in songs and again increasing the volume for dialogues in scenes. This is not the problem with all dvds today however there are some serious blunders like 'Fanaa' where even in songs i struggle to get a gud vocal clarity amidst the thundering other 4 channels on my 5.1.

4) Now this one may be too much to ask for an Indian dvds but if there are some deleted scenes, its been my long time wish to watch a special edition of a hindi movie on dvd with deleted scenes branched-in at the appropriate place using seamless branching. This shd be easier to do atleast on a Blu-ray.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:48 pm 

Quote:
4) Now this one may be too much to ask for an Indian dvds but if there are some deleted scenes, its been my long time wish to watch a special edition of a hindi movie on dvd with deleted scenes branched-in at the appropriate place using seamless branching. This shd be easier to do atleast on a Blu-ray.

Report this post

not far fetched YRF CHORO KE CHOR will do for AAJA NACHLE by integrating full LAILA/DELETED SCENES too! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:42 pm 

The other day I was watching some crappy T-Series DVD, can't remember the name of the film, and they stopped the film in the middle to show a commercial. As much as I hate piracy, I am really tempted to only watch pirated DVDs, atleast in the case of T-Series. Funny thing is Aamir says we should support only original software, I wonder if he is aware that pirated DVDs are better than the DVDs put out by the 'Taare Zameen Par' DVD distribution company (T-Series). I sure hope Aamir will use his influence to atleast insure the following:

1. No crawling 'Ringtone' advertisements during the songs or otherwise.
2. Most certainly NO commercials in the middle of the film. Crawling or otherwise.
3. No forced 'anything', trailers, warnings etc.
4. 'Menu', 'Forward', 'Skip' & 'Stop' button should never be disabled at any stage.

Personally I think these are the most important things, everything else, extras etc., are secondary to amking a good DVD. If they want to fight piracy, then the least they need to do is, start treating their paying customers with respect.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:47 pm 

repeat post

Last edited by jat1 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:15 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
, I wonder if he is aware that pirated DVDs are better than the DVDs put out by the 'Taare Zameen Par' DVD distribution company (T-Series).

This is what I am trying to tell my friend New Deep

Taare Zameen Par [Pirate DVD Shots] click below
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9951

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:45 pm 

Can a typo be corrected in the topic name -- change Taazre to Taare ;-)

Guys, post your thoughts on Aamir's blog too -- I already did mine. I really wish EXCEL were doing this instead of T-Series... meanwhile, I am banking on the promise shown by T-Series in Bhool Bhulaiyya.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:38 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
Can a typo be corrected in the topic name -- change Taazre to Taare ;-)

Guys, post your thoughts on Aamir's blog too -- I already did mine. I really wish EXCEL were doing this instead of T-Series... meanwhile, I am banking on the promise shown by T-Series in Bhool Bhulaiyya.

PQ on BB was inferior than EROS and addition of song was LAME/GIMMICK imho! Excel was the way! AAmir lost it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:18 pm 

who has the dvd rights for north america? utv?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:13 pm 

izzy wrote:
who has the dvd rights for north america? utv?

Yes as far as I know UTV will be releasing this DVD in the USA and UK.
JAT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:06 pm 

Looks like the R2 DVD is coming on February 4th

http://www.allocine.co.uk/film/disponib ... 33106.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:09 pm 

inman wrote:
Looks like the R2 DVD is coming on February 4th

http://www.allocine.co.uk/film/disponib ... 33106.html

thanks for this up date inman
JAT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:31 pm 

I spoke to someone at UTV and they said end of march because Aamir is taking too long with the special features. I hope it comes much earlier

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next