It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:45 pm 

The nominationa are in:
http://www.screenindia.com

The expected ones are in there (Dil Chahta Hai, Lagaan, Gadar, K3G). Big surprises include Zubeidaa in the 5th picture slot, and Madhur Bhandarkar (Chandni Bar) over
Karan Johar for K3G.

I think the nominations are great. Especially nice to see small films also get recognized in such a big way!

RB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 6:09 pm 

the awards are gonna be given out on saturday........
i think screen awards unlike the filmfare awards recgonise talent more than mere popularity.

looking at the nominations the awards for best film shud go to lagaan, best actor aamir khan(as he has 2 nominations now whether he accepts the award we dont know but i think he will cos it is for lagaan).. best actress is a little hard to say.. amisha patel could win for gadar but then so could tabu or there may be a slight chance kajol may win for k3g....
is it just me as i am not able to see any categories for best supporting actor/actress??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:01 pm 

filmibuff wrote:
is it just me as i am not able to see any categories for best supporting actor/actress??

On the first page where you see the nominations for best films etc. There's a menu on the right in pink. Click on the story category and that has supporting actors/actresses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:26 pm 

filmibuff wrote:
the awards are gonna be given out on saturday........
i think screen awards unlike the filmfare awards recgonise talent more than mere popularity.

looking at the nominations the awards for best film shud go to lagaan, best actor aamir khan(as he has 2 nominations now whether he accepts the award we dont know but i think he will cos it is for lagaan).. best actress is a little hard to say.. amisha patel could win for gadar but then so could tabu or there may be a slight chance kajol may win for k3g....

Screen awards is also based on popularity just like Filmfare. I think all awards in India are just bullshit. Just show offs in a double standards industry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 5:56 am 

Screen awards may be better than Filmfare. But that isn't much to compare with, is it? Look how badly the award shows themselves are presented. Look at the poor lighting, miking, set design...who the hell gives these people the right to give awards. No wonder Amir Khan boycotts them.