It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:06 pm 

arsh wrote:
Here u go BHASKAR, I have shown u SD IN and OUT! from Abhinetri to Sanyasi!! damn it! :bangbang:

Arsh... Indiaweekly is slated to release the DVD of Sanyasi as well ! (But I am keeping my fingers crossed... Dont wanna hype it, after the debacle of Angoor) :bash:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:06 am 

sknath wrote:
arsh wrote:
Here u go BHASKAR, I have shown u SD IN and OUT! from Abhinetri to Sanyasi!! damn it! :bangbang:

Arsh... Indiaweekly is slated to release the DVD of Sanyasi as well ! (But I am keeping my fingers crossed... Dont wanna hype it, after the debacle of Angoor) :bash:

O BEI, Where Art Thou?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:18 am 

VCD it is then.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:57 pm 

U got it!! LOL! what a MESS of DVD? S*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:41 pm 

It's sad to see what these people are willing to do for money. SD have proven that they can make a good DVD - and with the Apollo series, they've proved that money is all that counts. By the way, is this DVD progressive? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:38 pm 

Yaar Bhaskar, come on!! Give me a break! Kiya prog ki aisi shakal hoti hai?hmmm!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:21 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
It's sad to see what these people are willing to do for money. SD have proven that they can make a good DVD - and with the Apollo series, they've proved that money is all that counts. By the way, is this DVD progressive? :p

But, remember, Appolo is not SD brand. SD, as well as other authoring houses, will author a DVD for anything a customer (Appolo in this case) gives them, for a fee. If the source has gone through multiformat conversions or is a Nth generation copy, or has already been field averaged, NO ONE CAN IMPROVE ON THAT.

If Authoring is done for a fee, effort put in is according to the fee being charged/ paid.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:25 pm 

I agree with you on that part RANA!! jaisa daam waisa kaam!!

But, SANYASI, just got released!! Whether SD was given a BETA MASTER, like IW got for ANGOOR, a looks SIMILLAR work! Indeed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:42 am 

rana wrote:
But, remember, Appolo is not SD brand. SD, as well as other authoring houses, will author a DVD for anything a customer (Appolo in this case) gives them, for a fee. If the source has gone through multiformat conversions or is a Nth generation copy, or has already been field averaged, NO ONE CAN IMPROVE ON THAT.

If Authoring is done for a fee, effort put in is according to the fee being charged/ paid.

Rana

Yes, I know that the brand is Apollo, and that SD are simply authoring the DVD for them. BUT, as a company, it's obvious that SD put money over quality - regardless of the source, they will author shit DVDs.

I agree that the Apollo source, as in most cases, was probably pathetic. But, f they are quality conscious, why did they author this DVD? (Answer : for the money only)

If SD are putting effort in, and the only problem is the source, why was the Apollo Mard DVD (authored by SD) so heavily pixellated? VHS sources don't have pixellation - the Baba version of Satte Pe Satta which I have is not pixellated.

My main point is that with the Abhinetri DVD, SD have proved that they are capable of making good DVDs. So in this case, they should have put their foot down - either asked for a better source, or not authored it at all. I'm not saying that authoring companies doing that would solve the problem of bad DVDs, but it's a step in the right direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:50 pm 

yaar bhaskar, ghoda chare se dushmni karega tou khaeyga kahan se? for SD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:06 pm 

arsh wrote:
yaar bhaskar, ghoda chare se dushmni karega tou khaeyga kahan se? for SD!

Hmm arsh Ji.. isnt it
Ghoda Ghas se dosti karega toh khayega kya & (Hema Mailini - Sholay )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:49 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
with the Abhinetri DVD, SD have proved that they are capable of making good DVDs.

BTW, ABHINETRI is not the only good DVD done by Super Digital. There are about 60 progressively encoded DVDs authored by Super Digital. Most of them were done some 2-3 yrs ago. The same titles that were Progressive originally with SD markings, are now available without the SD markings and are Interlaced.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:59 am 

rana wrote:
bhaskar wrote:
with the Abhinetri DVD, SD have proved that they are capable of making good DVDs.

BTW, ABHINETRI is not the only good DVD done by Super Digital. There are about 60 progressively encoded DVDs authored by Super Digital. Most of them were done some 2-3 yrs ago. The same titles that were Progressive originally with SD markings, are now available without the SD markings and are Interlaced.

Rana

They're progressive, but they're screwed up in other ways. I don't think any of the WS titles are in OAR, and they're stretched vertically also. Otherwise those discs are better than average. Chemmeen is progressive, but has a lot of EE, print problems, and also has some compression artifacts because of being on one layer.

Edited By DragunR2 on 1046570514

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:08 am 

[Ghoda Ghas se dosti karega toh khayega kya & (Hema Mailini - Sholay ) ]

right on!! nath, ab chahey ghode ko gadha bana do, ya ghass ko chara!! baat tou ek hi theri!! Matbal tou wohi hae na!kuch samajh maan aiya kiya? ha ha!!
Cheers! :laugh:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:35 pm 

Shots from the Nupur DVD of Sanyasi: